Wells Fargo - having to reconnect everytime

Options
dgerous
dgerous Member

Hi,

I have been receiving a prompt every time I logged in to update my connections to Wells Fargo. I will connect and be transferred to Wells Fargo to give permission and it will showed that it is authorized and connected…. If I ignore the prompt, transactions does not get downloaded…

Is anyone else facing this issue? How can I fix it?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @dgerous,

To troubleshoot this issue, when you get that message saying you need to update your connection method, it should show you which account(s) are still on an older connection method (see sample image below).

Take note of those account names. Are those account names familiar? Are they active accounts, or are they accounts that are inactive/closed on the financial institution side?

If the accounts are inactive/closed on the financial institution side, then you will want to backup your Quicken file and deactivate those accounts. Once the accounts are deactivated, test to see if the issue persists.

If they are active accounts, then you will want to go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts… and review that list of accounts to see if there are any extra Wells Fargo accounts (since what may have happened is the accounts got re-added as new accounts instead of linked to the existing). You would then want to backup your Quicken file, delete any duplicate accounts, deactivate the accounts that Quicken is telling you are still on the old connection, then go to Accounts>Add Account and follow the prompts, being careful to link the accounts to the existing names in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @dgerous,

To troubleshoot this issue, when you get that message saying you need to update your connection method, it should show you which account(s) are still on an older connection method (see sample image below).

Take note of those account names. Are those account names familiar? Are they active accounts, or are they accounts that are inactive/closed on the financial institution side?

If the accounts are inactive/closed on the financial institution side, then you will want to backup your Quicken file and deactivate those accounts. Once the accounts are deactivated, test to see if the issue persists.

If they are active accounts, then you will want to go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts… and review that list of accounts to see if there are any extra Wells Fargo accounts (since what may have happened is the accounts got re-added as new accounts instead of linked to the existing). You would then want to backup your Quicken file, delete any duplicate accounts, deactivate the accounts that Quicken is telling you are still on the old connection, then go to Accounts>Add Account and follow the prompts, being careful to link the accounts to the existing names in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• dgerous
    dgerous Member
    Options

Thank you so much for your help!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

You're welcome.

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.