System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

New Wells Fargo Connection times out on Quicken side

Comments

• Someupsetuser
    Someupsetuser Member ✭✭
    Options

Had the same tiem out issue with Wells Fargo in eary January, and today am getting the same problem with Citibank. Downloading my transactions seems to be getting more and more problematic.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Someupsetuser,

To help troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide more information? What is the exact error message/code that you are seeing? When did the issue start? What kind of accounts are impacted (credit card, banking, etc)?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• flymutt
    flymutt Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same timeout issue today with Citibank. It said that I had to reauthenticate the connection and I login to Citibank and it just sits there and times out and I get a failed connection.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @flymutt,

To troubleshoot the issue, please follow these steps:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate the affected accounts. Warning: If you have Citi accounts connected by Direct Connect, do not deactivate them. You may not be able to reconnect them via Direct Connect.
    3. Make sure to pause any VPN, Anti-virus, pop-up blocker, and ad-blocker, since they may interfere with communication between the financial institution and Quicken.
    4. In your Quicken, go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts, as though you are adding a new account.
    5. Once you finish authorizing through the financial institution website, it should bring you back to the Add/Link screen in Quicken.
    6. Carefully re-link your accounts to the correct nickname in Quicken. For Direct Connect accounts, if they show up in the list, select Don't add to Quicken in order to avoid changing their connection method to Express Web Connect +.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• flymutt
    flymutt Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina, that worked. My browser had some type of blocking going on that I disabled.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.