"Some split data lost. Continue?" when editing accounts receivable invoice

Options
sboerner
sboerner Member

I am new to Quicken for Windows (longtime business owner and previously a user of AccountEdge) and am still setting up accounts.

The very first new A/R account I have set up for customer invoices displays this error whenever I try to change or edit a transaction, or register a payment for a transaction: "Some split data lost. Continue?" When I click through the transaction is missing some info: Item code, quantity, rate.

If I make any changes (such as re-entering the missing info or applying a payment) and click "Save and Done," Quicken duplicates the transaction. (Resulting in three entries when applying payments: two original invoice entries and one payment entry.)

Since this is a new account I can easily delete it. But any new A/R accounts behave the same way.

I found one similar reference on the forum here but the question did not seem to be answered:

I followed the advice in this post but the problem continues.

I understand this may be operator error — if so please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @sboerner,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information about what is happening? For instance, are you manually typing in transactions (with no invoice), then trying to edit them? Are you going to the gear at the upper right, creating an invoice, then getting this error when you try to edit the invoice? Is something else happening?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.