Quicken crashes when Windows Input Engine is activated

Options
1997cui
1997cui Member ✭✭

Hi,

I noticed Quicken crashes when the Windows Input Engine is activated when I am typing in the Quicken app. Specifically, when I tried to search for a bank name with Windows 10 Chinese Input activated, Quicken immediately crashed after I typed a single letter.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @1997cui,

When you refer to Windows Input Engine, are you referring to the interface that allows you to type using characters that are not standard to English? Are you trying to type these characters into Quicken, or are you typing in programs outside of Quicken and having this issue occur?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• 1997cui
    1997cui Member ✭✭
    Options

Please refer to the above screenshot. If I tried to enter any third character, Quicken immediately crashed.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 22
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

With the additional information you provided, I was able to replicate the issue. Quicken doesn't support languages other than English (and I noticed that the Add Account screen locks the IME; if you don't have it turned on before opening that screen, you can't turn it on), which may be part of the reason for the issue. I forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have it further investigated. In the meantime, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-8779)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.