Nationwide Connects but Just Shows $0.00

Options
birdahonk
birdahonk Member
edited March 15 in Investing (Mac)

This issue was previously posted with the same title as above and was apparently split from a different post titled "Error QCS-403-1 and Failure to Sync (Q Mac)" back in June. I see the posts are closed, but the problem persists.

Adding a Nationwide 401(k) account will properly connect and display the account balances during the Quicken Classic (Mac) setup process. However, once the account is added to the application, the balances show as $0.00.

Please see the screenshots from the original post: community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20368599

Those screenshots are still relevant to my situation.

I spoke with Quicken technical support and they told me to delete and re-add the account and make sure I'm selecting the correct Nationwide option during the account addition process. I've done that.

The agent also sold me to contact Nationwide. I've also done that. As a customer, there is no practical way for me to get in touch with the correct person within Nationwide to resolve this issue. It's a backend issue and Quicken should try to contact Nationwide to resolve it.

Is anyone else is having this issue?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @birdahonk,

Could you please provide the ticket number that would have been given to you during your interaction with Quicken Support? This is so that I may investigate further.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• birdahonk
    birdahonk Member
    Options

Hi Jasmine

Here the ticket info.

"Ticket ID":"10730332"

• birdahonk
    birdahonk Member
    Options

Jasmine, I'll also add that Nationwide is also causing problems with a different third party account aggregation service that my financial advisor uses. I suspect it's likely a problem with Nationwide and/or whatever utility they use to let third parties integrate with their system.

Perhaps getting someone up high to rattle the Nationwide cage up high is in order, if you can pass that along.

Just sharing what little I know so far in case it helps.

• dzulik
    dzulik Member ✭✭
    Options

Downloading and importing no longer works. Error message: Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later.

I tried deactivating the connection but then it doesn't allow me to redo and setup a connection.

Nationwide updated their website application over the weekend.

• kkrichbaum
    kkrichbaum Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem as you dzulik. Just noticed it recently as well. Nationwide updated their system and changed plan ID numbers as well. I'd like to see some resolution as well.

• GoCats
    GoCats Member ✭✭
    Options

I also get the same error as dzulik - Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later.

• dzulik
    dzulik Member ✭✭
    Options

Additionally, though not quicken related - if you manually download transactions in what Nationwide calls "Quicken OFX" and then open the file in a text editor, you will see your SS# in clear text…. They sure do care about security…! I called and emailed them but zero reaction much less any change.

If you are a Nationwide customer I would recommend you also loudly complain about this.

In case anyone was wondering, OFX files cannot be imported into Quicken.

• SigFinDoc
    SigFinDoc Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Nice that the account is now showing up in Quicken in the correct place as a retirement account now though. Previously showed up as other - but at least it downloaded correct balance. Now shows up in retirement accounts but shows zero balance. Just got off from tech support and they say there is a ticket open and they are working on it. Interestingly this started when the connection changed from one of the two nationwide selections for bank to the other selection. Frustrating

This discussion has been closed.