USAA accounts problem

Options

Recently I am unable to have both my wife's USAA account and my USAA account in one-step update. Every time I reauthorize mine, it removes my wife's from one-step updates. If I authorized hers, it removes mine from one-step update. How do I fix this.

Answers

• John16
    John16 Member ✭✭
    Options

I had a similar problem, I think, when my investment accounts were converted from TD Ameritrade to Schwab a few weeks ago. I could get some accounts (I have 4) set up for one-step updates and it would work once and then one or more other accounts would fail at the next update.

The thing I was doing wrong apparently was that I set them up one at a time instead of all at once.

The solution was rather simple. In the Tools/Account List, for each account I right-clicked on the account name, then chose Edit Account to get into Account Details. (There are other ways to get there.) Under the Online Services tab I deactivated the account and clicked OK to return to the account list. Then I deactivated and OK'd the next one. After deactivating all of them I save a backup of the file and closed Quicken.

Then I restarted Quicken, selected one of accounts and Activated it in the Online Setup. When Quicken connected to Schwab, it took a long moment to process but then it showed a window of all my Schwab accounts with suggestions for mapping each one to an existing Quicken account. I matched them all up at once and clicked OK.

It took a minute or so to process and some new transactions were downloaded. But now the mappings seem permanent. I haven't had a problem for a couple weeks now.

So if it you haven't yet solved your problem, deactivate/disconnect both problems accounts from USAA and then reactivate them both at the same time.

I hope this works for you.

• Wayne Tilley
    Wayne Tilley Member ✭✭
    Options

I deactivated each subaccount within each USAA account. I reactivated my USAA account and it was OK. When I reactivated my wife's USAA account, it disabled mine in one-step update.

• Beth C
    Beth C Member
    Options

I am having the same issue with my husband's and my USAA accounts. Wayne, did you ever get an answer on what was happening and how to fix it? This hadn't happened to me previously either with one-step update; I was able to get all our linked accounts updated at the same time. Something has changed.

• Wayne Tilley
    Wayne Tilley Member ✭✭
    edited February 2
    Options

i am traveling and have not retried to fix it. Probably try next week.

• Wayne Tilley
    Wayne Tilley Member ✭✭
    Options

Never did get an answer that fixed the problem.

• Wayne Tilley
    Wayne Tilley Member ✭✭
    Options

Retried it today and had the same problem, will only allow one user account in update.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Wayne Tilley,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.