System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Recurring CC-800 issues

Comments

• TravelinMan
    TravelinMan Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello. I see that many have encountered CC-800 errors. In my case, it is an issue with "State Department FCU". I had to restore from a backup a few weeks ago and have been getting this error ever since. I have followed the instructions on the Support page many times without success. https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-when-updating-accounts-cc-800 I have also tried to repair the Quicken data file. I have deactivated and reactivated the 4 accounts in question several times as well. Any suggestions?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @TravelinMan,

To troubleshoot this issue, since the process in the Support article did not correct it, I would recommend following these steps, in case the issue is being caused by outdated/bad information in the Quicken cloud or cache.

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all accounts connected to the financial institution that is having the issue, unless they are under a different login that is not having trouble.
    3. Check for any hidden accounts that are still trying to connect to those financial institutions. To do this, go to Tools>Account List, then, if you have hidden accounts, there will be a Show hidden accounts checkbox at the lower left. Scroll through the Account List, looking for any hidden accounts that think they're connected to those financial institutions (Transaction Download column will say "yes" if an account thinks its connected). If you find any that are connected, deactivate them.
    4. Before reconnecting anything, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. There should be a blue link that says Reset your cloud data. Click on that link. Note: If you don't see that link, you have sync turned off. You would need to turn the sync on, click OK, then go back to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. Then you should be able to click on that link. Once the cloud reset is complete, you can turn the sync back off again.
    5. After the cloud reset completes, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. There will be a blue link that says Sign in as a different user. Click that link, type "yes", then click the Sign Out button.
    6. Quicken will log you out and take you back to the login screen. Before logging in, close Quicken and leave it closed for at least 5 seconds.
    7. Re-open Quicken. When it finishes loading, it will take you to the login screen. Log in to Quicken.
    8. Once you are logged back into Quicken, reconnect the accounts by going to Tools>Add Account. Search for the Financial Institution and follow the prompts. Do this for each financial institution you need to reconnect. Note: When reconnecting your accounts, it is important to make sure that Quicken is showing the action as Link to existing and the nickname in Quicken is the correct account you want it to download into (see sample image below). If it is showing an incorrect name or if it is trying to add instead of link, click the dropdown in the action column to correct it.

Once your accounts are reconnected, test to see if the issue is resolved.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• unclebob1216
    unclebob1216 Member ✭✭
    Options

really good advice above. but I suggest adding step 9 and modifying step 7 as follows.

7. Re-open Quicken. When it finishes loading, it will take you to the login screen. Log in to Quicken using the normal QDF password. You will briefly be taken to the quicken.com website where you should log in with your quicken.com credentials. You will automatically be returned to your QDF quicken screen.

9. Close quicken then Navigate to "C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\ then search all subfolders for ...\runtime.dat and delete them.

• pmfenton3
    pmfenton3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

So when I get to the final step, i.e. the AddAccount dialog, it reports "We found the following accounts" and the acct in question is the only acct listed. However the "Action" is "Don't add to Quicken" and there is no ability to change that action or anything else. So I click Next. And I try the 1-step update on just that account and it results in the same old CC-800 message. Note that it is in fact downloading transactions. It just always reports that it needs to be fixed. Which gives the impression that it isn't downloading transactions.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @pmfenton3,

If it says "Don't add to Quicken", that means Quicken thinks the account is already connected. What Nickname in Quicken does it show next to that Don't add to Quicken?

That nickname should be the account in Quicken that the program thinks your account is connected to. Once you know what nickname to look for, go to Tools>Account List to find that account. If you have hidden accounts, there will be a checkbox near the lower left of the Account List screen, check that box.

Once you find the problem account, backup your Quicken file and deactivate that account. Once that account is deactivated, you should be able to go to Tools>Add Account, follow the prompts, and link your account to the correct nickname in Quicken.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.