Two Separate Checking Accounts are mixing

Options

Hello all. Like many of you, I have love hate relationship with Quicken. Err.

Ok…here is what I'm doing -

-Brand New File

-Connecting to Chase and downloading 6 accounts.

-I am having issues with two checking accounts. A business checking and a personal checking.

-Transfer Detection was on when downloading these accounts, but have since turned it off.

-Everything downloads fine but our personal checking account is pulling several Capital One Payments from our Business checking account - these show up in our personal checking account as "not cleared".

-Because these transactions are showing up in the wrong checking account (personal), the balance of that particular account is incorrect. However, the balance on the business checking account is correct.

-From the personal checking account, I can delete the transactions that don't belong there, and then the balance is correct. However, right after I do this, the balance of the business checking account jumps, to an incorrect balance.

-What the heck is going on? Thank you!!

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What are the categories in these transactions? Are they possibly other account names in square brackets like [CapOne Checking]?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"Transfer Detection was on when downloading these accounts, but have since turned it off."

Transfer Detection is nothing more than a SWAG on Quicken's part and generally should be turned off. But turning it off after a download won't "undo" Quicken's guesses.

Given what you've said here it does sound like Quicken decided that some transactions in the business Account were actually Transfers to the personal Account, when they were not. That would explain your business Account being correctly stated while the personal Account was not, and had these "transfers" listed as uncleared.

Edit the transactions to get them right in both Accounts, i.e., change the "transfers" in the business Account to their proper Category coding and that presumably will get both Accounts correctly stated. And, leave Transfer Detection off in the future.

This discussion has been closed.