Why do you keep closing my post without finding a solution??

Options
droopydog53
droopydog53 Member ✭✭✭
"Paycheck errors on budget and budget reports"

I have posted the above topic twice and twice you guys have closed it without providing a solution. I have called the help desk and no one can figure this out. This is all VERY frustrating. I would greatly appreciate someone to try and solve the problem instead of just writing it off. Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Since the Paycheck Wizard wasn't around in Quicken when I was receiving a paycheck, I've never used it. However, I've certainly seen lots and lots of posts in here concerning Paycheck Wizard problems - including issues of data corruption associated with its use.

I'm sorta guessing that the programming "behind" the Paycheck Wizard is the source of its problems and I've seen recommendations in here from other SuperUsers, who presumably have used the Paycheck Wizard, to not use it but instead create your own split transactions. The split transaction could be saved as a Reminder and might avoid the problems you're encountering. Not a real fix, more of a workaround.

Out of curiosity, have you created a test file and filled it full of paychecks created by the Paycheck Wizard to see it the problem duplicates? I assume you've done Validate and maybe Super Validate on your own "live" file, and if you find that the test file doesn't have the problem then there might be some "local to your live file" corruption that the validation process just can't fix.

This discussion has been closed.