Barclay's Bank Download

Using current Quicken (32.32) I tried to reconcile my Barclay's Mastercard and found that none of the two dozen transactions showed a "c". Therefore, none rotated over to "R" after the reconcile and I have many uncleared transactions in Quicken that show up in this month's bill. How can it be fixed?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @George Raney,

Are you receiving any error codes or messages? When did this issue begin to occur? After a recent update?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• RonOinAZ
    RonOinAZ Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I am having the same problem with my Barclay account. I tried Reset Account and it made no difference. There is no error code; it just behaves as if there is no data to download when, in fact, there is. The last time I ran the Update feature, it downloaded transactions thru 1/14/2024.

• RonOinAZ
    RonOinAZ Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

This is an update to what I posted above. I found that what happened after I ran the Reset Account is the amount of a 1/17/24 credit card transaction was applied as an existing balance to the 6/16/21 Opening Balance entry in Quicken. That amount has been carried forward in the ledger ever since I first set up the Barclay account in Quicken through to today. If I change the 9/16/2021 Opening Balance entry to $0, my register should be corrected. Obviously, that transaction amount should not have been plugged-in as an opening balance though.

• George Raney
    George Raney Member ✭✭
    edited January 19

Hmm. I hadn't tried a "RESET". Did that and to no effect. I like your comment: "There is no error code; it just behaves as if there is no data to download when, in fact, there is." That's the behavior I'm getting too…It downloads transactions, now two days old, and won't insert the "C" cleared after them for about twelve days. It seems coincidentally, that I did an account balance at that time. But I've done that often to no effect. This recent Quicken update, now running V54.9 build 27.1.54.9 on my windows 11 machine, did nothing to help this issue.

• George Raney
    George Raney Member ✭✭

So, this comment/question has been out there for ten days and there has been no help that I can use. Apparently, others are not having these problems. Is there another way to solve this problem?

• George Raney
    George Raney Member ✭✭

I got this from Barclay's Bank:

Thank you for contacting us about your Bluegreen Rewards World Mastercard. We appreciate the time you have taken to send us a message and we certainly understand your concern regarding to

Upon review. We do apologize that we are no longer have an option to link your credit card to Quicken. The only available are 'Excel' and 'Quickbook'.

Thank you for being a valued cardmember. We look forward to continuing to service your account. If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Care

This discussion has been closed.