Transaction Wrongly Interpreted as IRA Contribution

Options
Jimbert
Jimbert Member
edited February 20 in Investing (Windows)

When I enter a deposit into my checking account as a split transaction coming from an annuity IRA account, Quicken says I made a CONTRIBUTION into my IRA account before the April 15 deadline. Then it asks me to identify the tax year of the contribution as 2023 or 2024. So I select 2024 to make it happy, even though this is not a contribution. Then, when I go to the annuity IRA account, it asks for a valid date and doesn't accept the actual date of the transfer, which it should have gotten from the checking account deposit entry. The annuity account is set up as a traditional IRA, tax deferred, and not a single mutual fund account (since it is not a mutual fund account). Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Tagged:

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What Version (Help > About Quicken) are you using. Another poster has also made the same claim and it might be "version" related.

• Jimbert
    Jimbert Member
    Options

It's up to date with the latest version: R53.32, build 27.1.53.32 running on up to date Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2, OS build 19045.3930.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am seeing something similar, but not all the time.

I think the message is spurious and you can just select 2024 and OK with no ill effect.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.