Citi Connection updated - Now all transactions hit wrong account

Options

Just now, a Quicken message prompted me to update the method used to connect to Citi bank. Screens said it used Intuit, etc. I proceed thru all screens, logged in to Citi, and matched the connection to my Citi Credit Card account in Quicken

Problem is, a whole bunch of old transactions are now downloaded to a completely different Savings account. How do I fix this?

Quicken user since 1995 or so

Comments

• tyeee
    tyeee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That happened to me too. I deleted that account with all of those new transactions and then I followed the prompts and updated again. Then a screen popped up and I used the drop-down screen to "do not add" (something close that message) and then it kept all my previous transaction without downloading a new set of transactions and I was good to go.

• wdwyatt
    wdwyatt Member ✭✭
    Options

I don't want to delete the account that ended up with the erroneous downloads - there's much history and transfers linked to other accounts.
    Under the account details, it's Online Services tab now says connected to Citibank - appreanty no longer to the bank it was connected to before. This account has nothing to do with Citi, and was not the account selected when I linked the new connection method - this account was just an innocent bystander that got involved in this Quicken trainwreck.

For now - gotta get going again, so I've resorted to starting from yesterday's back up.

• novare
    novare Member ✭✭
    Options

Mine too. Quicken is linking CiTi to my AMEX account.

Deleting and starting over does not fix this.

Quicken Support need an ASAP correction

• novare
    novare Member ✭✭
    Options

I updated to the latest quicken (premeir) version, 54.9, build 27.1.54.9.

Removed "Citibank" name from the AMEX account.

Setup downloads to AMEX from AMEX and connected to the correct account.

Setup CitiBank for downloads and when it was ready to import again showed AMEX as the link to account but this time I was able to select the correct account.

Fixed now.

• tyeee
    tyeee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I still have all of my original Citi account transactions. I didn't lose anything. I just didn't want a duplicate set of transactions. That's what I deleted.

• Bob Schenot
    Bob Schenot Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken appeared to be doing the right thing during the process, but then applied all of my CitiBank Visa transactions to my Digital Federal Credit Union savings account !? Luckily, I had a recent backup and reverted to that. Reinforces the lesson: NEVER trust Quicken in any update!! Always have a recent backup you can revert to. & Quicken wants to know what I think of them!!

Do we have a Quicken problem number? How can I know when this problem is solved? Quicken support: Are you listening?

• BillyRo
    BillyRo Member
    Options

Happening to me too. During the CITI Bank connection update, it goes through the reauthorization process, then comes to the link screen and the accounts are linked to the wrong accounts and you can change it. Downloads are downloaded to wrong accounts. How do I fix?

• wdwyatt
    wdwyatt Member ✭✭
    Options

In my case, when it came to the choice to Add a New Account -or- Link to Existing, I chose the existing and the Citi account was displayed, and it was the only option listed. So no idea why it connected to a completely different account.

I resorted to using a backup copy, and for now and side-stepping that prompt to Re-Authorize my Citibank connection.

• Bob Schenot
    Bob Schenot Member ✭✭
    Options

Fool that I am, I tried a second time, thinking that maybe I wasn't paying attention. This time, instead of linking to a closed DCU savings account, it correctly linked to the CitiBank credit card —- and duplicated every transaction for the last 72 months! Killed the current Quicken file and went back to the backup.

Has anyone called Quicken? It appears that they no longer offer on-line support …

I have transactions going back to the late '80's. I can't imagine the pain of trying to convert all that. Anyone have a link to an explanation of how to convert to another package?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 22
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached, provide the names of affected accounts as they appear in your Quicken, and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-8790)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• doudard
    doudard Member ✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options

What a [Removed - Language] mess!!! Same thing happen here. Why they would give you a choice of account to link to is beyond me. You are reauthorizing the account you are reauthorizing!!. So, my citi card got linked to my checking account at a completely different bank. I have spent the morning of my day off deleting duplicate transaction in hope of getting close to my actual balances on all account. Not sure that will ever happen. I am looking for a similar program to replace this overpriced, run by people who do not know how to program and ridiculously buggy Quicken. Any suggestions welcome.

• wdwyatt
    wdwyatt Member ✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options

Shortly after Originally Posting for this thread, I'd tried disconnecting the Citi Credit Card Download info from the other bank account (I hadn't put it there, the Re-Authorization did, but at the wrong account). But that wouldn't work - an error message informed me that there was a bunch of downloaded transactions to accept first - which was exactly the problem I was trying to deal with without accepting all that wrong info.

So as mentioned above, I reverted to a backup copy of my Quicken file because of that mess of mixed-transaction account.

A day or so later, there was a notice about a Quicken software update available. Wary of anything new, I waited a few days before installing the software update to make sure all was working ok.

Then, a few days after that, a notice appeared that I MUST re-authorize the connection to the Citi Credit Card account. I warily made a manual backup of my Quicken data file, then Re-Authorized the Citi account yesterday. So far, so good. Don't know whether a 2nd try would have worked on it's own, or if the update fixed something. I'm now on 'Build 27.1.5.4.9"

Sure would be nice to have a knowledgeable Quicken representative offer guidance or confirmation here, to add meaningful substance to the weak platitudes from Quicken moderators.

• michaelwhipple
    Options

I followed the prompts for the CitiBank update. All seemed to go well. I am now reconciling the accounts and find that after the update it is no longer downloading transaction and the account is out of balance and some Reconciled transactions are Uncleared now. And there is an unreconciled amount now. Wildly different amount in each account and no relationship to the amount of actvity in tyhe account(4 accounts). Similar thing happened the last time a credit card connection protocol was changed (I don't remember which card it was).

• Dean P
    Dean P Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

While I can correct the account that was erroneously changed, Quicken seems to offer no easy way to change the account that was changed with respect to the data connection. If anybody knows how to change the account that was changed by the Citi update, please advise.

• wdwyatt
    wdwyatt Member ✭✭
    Options

When editing the properties of an account, there's a tab for Online Services, where you can De-Activate existing connections and make new connections. Does this have what you need?

• Dean P
    Dean P Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Thanks, but unfortunately that only allows you to change connection methodology. What the Citi update did was to also change the account holder bank/institution. The online services tab says it is a citi bank when it is not and quicken does not allow one to change that bank/institution (at least as far as I have read).

• wdwyatt
    wdwyatt Member ✭✭
    Options

What happens if you use the option to Deactivate? Does that then give you a blank slate to start re-connecting?

• Ray O
    Ray O Member ✭✭
    edited January 26
    Options

Same here, my Chase credit card downloads to a checking account. I was gone on vacation, lots of charges of course, and they went wrong account! What a [Removed - Profanity] mess Quicken! Can't "move" them to the correct account, because credit/debit is backwards. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting. No luck at all, it won't let me connect to the correct account. This last update was a train wreck. Quicken user since 2011, not like I'm new to this game, but man you guys made a mess.

• Ray O
    Ray O Member ✭✭
    Options

No, this didn't help. I tried that earlier again this morning.

• Ruphonius
    Ruphonius Member
    Options

I had this problem as well. What I discovered is that when I made the new connection to an existing account, I FAILED (I repeat - I failed) to select "associate with existing account" as an option/drop-down menu on the change in connection for Citi - so it associated with a different existing account. THAT was the source of the whole issue (and I suspect all of yours as well). My failure to pay attention to the ENTIRE process of association of the new connection to an optional list of accounts created the issue.

• Ruphonius
    Ruphonius Member
    Options

PS - I am a Quicken User since 1995.

• Ray O
    Ray O Member ✭✭
    Options

Found this in the announcements, they know there is a problem, no eta

• Ray O
    Ray O Member ✭✭
    Options

When trying to reconnect to the bank and account, there is no drop down, just a grayed out disabled field, circled in yellow below.

• wdwyatt
    wdwyatt Member ✭✭
    Options

Ruphonius - If you did NOT select the option/drop-down, it's not clear to me that it was entirely YOUR failure that caused Quicken to decide on it's own to connect a new bunch of downloaded transactions with to completely un-involved (and wrong) account. In my case, the drop-down was viewed, and there was only one choice which matched the right answer. It still sent the new transactions to a different account.

• Bob Schenot
    Bob Schenot Member ✭✭
    Options

So, today Quicken has stopped giving the re-authorization message. Luckily, CitiBank is my least-used credit card. I may drop both it and Costco if this isn't solved soon. I'll be sure to let them both know the reason for the cancel is the Quicken problem….

• billyeff
    billyeff Member
    Options

Same problem with a CITI card. In my case it now downloads the Citi transactions to the correct account, but also downloaded a couple of years worth of old transactions to an old savings account that I hadn't used for over 15 years. It won't let me deactivate the old savings account unless I process all of the invalid transactions first. You would think this kind of monumental screw-up would be addressed with top priority. Where is CITI with putting pressure on because Quicken is giving them a bad name by association?

• wdwyatt
    wdwyatt Member ✭✭
    edited January 25
    Options

Billyeff - That's where I was. Rather than deal with the messed up account/transactions, I decided to go back a day and use a backup copy of my Quicken data file.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Ray O,

You are seeing that because Quicken thinks the account is already connected. There are a couple options to correct the issue.

1. Backup your Quicken file. Deactivate the account that Quicken thinks your account is connected to (that would be the account name showing in the Nickname in Quicken column showing in your screenshot). Go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts, making sure to carefully link your account(s) to the correct Nickname in Quicken.
    2. If there are too many transactions downloaded to the wrong account(s) to clean up easily, it may be simpler to restore a backup from before the accounts got linked to the wrong nicknames in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

This issue should be corrected in R54.16. If you don't get the prompt to update, you can use this link to go to the page that allows you to manually update.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Bob Schenot
    Bob Schenot Member ✭✭
    Options

"This issue should be corrected in R54.16. " Who wants to go first? Note the phrase "should be". If someone has success, please post.

This discussion has been closed.