Are there known issues with downloading transactions with Veridian Credit Union?

Options

I am on Quicken Classic Premier. Version: R53.32. Build: 27.1.53.32

Over the past several days, myself and other members have not been able to download transactions into the Quicken program. The transactions show up in Veridian's online banking correctly. I have worked with Quicken support to try to get the transactions downloaded but to no avail. Being that other Veridian members are running into the same issue it seems like it could be a widespread issue.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 22 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since this is an issue with missing transactions/transactions not downloading, please follow the troubleshooting in this article:

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with the following information:

1. 3 transactions that are showing posted on the financial institution website, but are not in your Quicken (please provide Date, Payee, and amount).
    2. A screenshot showing those transactions posted on the financial institution website (it's okay to redact personal information)
    3. A screenshot showing the account in Quicken that those transactions should have downloaded into, but didn't.
    4. The name of the account(s) as it appears in your Quicken and as it appears on the financial institution website.
    5. The last 4 digits of the affected account number. Do not provide the full number; only the last 4 digits are needed.
    6. Please attach log files (they should be pre-selected)
    7. Optional - if you are willing, please attach a sanitized copy of your data file.

There is a 10 attachment limit with a problem report; if you need to send more than 10 attachments, then please send a second problem report with the additional attachments.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

You can also track the status of this issue by bookmarking this Community Alert.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(Ticket #10761039/CTP-8780)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Mikelh
    Mikelh Member
    Options

I'm also on Version: R53.32, Build: 27.1.53.32 - and have been having the same problem now for 10 days. I've reset accounts and still not working. It seems like Quicken has been getting so flaky. I'm constantly having one connection or another just stop working while Quicken stays silent on the problem.

There's got to be some other solution (product) that works - at least I would hope so. I'm ready to switch - am open to suggestions.

• collendieck
    collendieck Member
    Options

My Banking accounts with Veridian Credit Union have stopped updating automatically, been at least two weeks, have deactivated and reactivated, reset accounts, nothing seems to help

Any suggestions

• 1ck
    1ck Member
    Options

I have the same issue on the same timeline.

• 1ck
    1ck Member
    Options

I saw there was an update to R54.9. After making the update, it still isn't working.

• HawkeyeMan
    HawkeyeMan Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the exact same issue as well. As a work around I have been downloading the transactions directly into Quicken from the Veridian Credit Union website when I log in to my accounts. After I discovered this workaround and downloaded my outstanding transactions I called Quicken to report the issue. They told me to wait until more outstanding transactions were failing to download and call them back. I then called them back 2 days later when I had 1 new outstanding transaction…and they told me that I needed 5 to 7 outstanding transactions and that it can take up to 24 hours for a bank transaction to get to the Quicken server for download. This is incorrect information as my transactions have been downloadable immediately after they post. I've been downloading into Quicken for 12 years…so I know how this works. I plan to call them on Monday and they told me they will escalate the issue after opening a ticket to further investigate the issue. I encourage each of you to do the same after having outstanding transactions that are not downloading (and that you have not downloaded from the Veridian site directly). I also contacted Veridian Credit Union directly and they told me they were not aware of any issues. I am relieved that others are having the same issue as me so its not just me (however I feel your pain).

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

In order to further investigate, we will need some additional information.

Aside from being unable to download transactions, could you please elaborate on what exactly happens? Do you receive any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) while trying to connect that you can provide us with here, please? Or does One Step Update appear like it successfully completed, but nothing is downloaded?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• HawkeyeMan
    HawkeyeMan Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Anha,

I am not receiving any error messages when I unsuccessfully download the Veridian transactions into Quicken. Everything runs and it appears like things are downloading…but there are no transactions. I am wondering if this is an Express Web Connect issue vs Direct Connect issue. Evidently Veridian Credit Union only supports the Express Web Connect method when it interfaces with Quicken…so Direct Connect is not an option. I suspect that if Veridian Credit Union supported Direct Connect the transactions would download faster with fewer issues like this…but I'm not an expert. Just something worth Quicken talking to Veridian about.

Thanks for your support.

• breicherts
    breicherts Member
    Options

Quicken Anha,

I do not receive any errors either. I am the same boat as HawkeyeMan. Everything runs and it appears like things are downloading but no transactions are downloaded. I would also agree in that it could be a Web connect issue.

Thank you.

• Yellowstone22
    Options

Quicken Anha,

I am having the same issue. Can you tell us the file name where the data is down loaded by the automatic process? I would like to check to see if it is empty?

Thank You

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 22 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since this is an issue with missing transactions/transactions not downloading, please follow the troubleshooting in this article:

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with the following information:

1. 3 transactions that are showing posted on the financial institution website, but are not in your Quicken (please provide Date, Payee, and amount).
    2. A screenshot showing those transactions posted on the financial institution website (it's okay to redact personal information)
    3. A screenshot showing the account in Quicken that those transactions should have downloaded into, but didn't.
    4. The name of the account(s) as it appears in your Quicken and as it appears on the financial institution website.
    5. The last 4 digits of the affected account number. Do not provide the full number; only the last 4 digits are needed.
    6. Please attach log files (they should be pre-selected)
    7. Optional - if you are willing, please attach a sanitized copy of your data file.

There is a 10 attachment limit with a problem report; if you need to send more than 10 attachments, then please send a second problem report with the additional attachments.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

You can also track the status of this issue by bookmarking this Community Alert.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(Ticket #10761039/CTP-8780)

Quicken Kristina

• JMC4
    JMC4 Member
    Options

Hello Quicken Kristina

I am also having the same issues as HawkeyeMan, Collen, and others. I first found a help topic where instructions for validating and super validating the Quicken file and completed them but it did not solve this problem. I then found this topic and submitted a Help » Problem Report as you suggested above.

One complaint I have about the Quicken Problem Report system concerns the 10 attachment limit. The Quicken program had already pre-selected 9 log files, the post above requested 2 screenshots, and 9+2 > 10! Can Quicken make their problem report system more flexible to receive all the necessary information in 1 report?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @JMC4,

To get around that 10 attachment limit, there are a couple options.

1. Any log files with OLD in the name are not needed, and you're able to unselect them.
    2. Send 2 problem reports. On the first one, you'd send the pre-selected and whatever other attachments you have room for, then on the second one, you can unselect the pre-selected items and attach any remaining attachments you need to send.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• RappaYellow76
    Options

I am having the same issue as everyone else. Called and opened a case with Quicken. They had me try all sorts of things with no luck. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, tired of having to manually download things.

• Jededediah
    Jededediah Member
    Options

I am having the same issues since 1/4/2024 - No Veridian transactions will download. The update will tell me the correct current balance on the Accounts - but will not download any new transactions.

Quicken Win Version: R54.9

Running on Windows 11 OS build: 22621.3007

Getting tired of spending hours and hours debugging simple items like this every year. Having my finances in a reliable product shouldn't be hard.

• HawkeyeMan
    HawkeyeMan Member ✭✭
    Options

I called Quicken this morning and we were able to solve the issue for my Checking, Savings and Credit card at Veridian. This solution did not work for my Home Equity Line of Credit (but I'm ok with this since I don't use my Home Equity Line of Credit and it has a zero balance). What you need to do is deactivate the online services for your accounts that are not downloading into Quicken from Veridian. Then…when you reconnect you need to search for Veridian…and you select the Deere Community CU(Now Veridian) option and then set things up from there. My outstanding transactions then downloaded into Quicken just like before with no issues. Good luck everyone…hope this information is helpful!

• breicherts
    breicherts Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing HawkeyeMan. I feel that Intuit needs to get this switched back to the first option when selecting your financial institution. 99.9% of the people would choose the top option as the logo and phone number are correct. The second option refers to when Veridian changed it's name from Deere CU to Veridian which was several years ago and has an incorrect logo and phone number.

• HawkeyeMan
    HawkeyeMan Member ✭✭
    Options

I agree breicherts…however…not sure if this is an Intuit issue or a Veridian Credit Union issue…

• jrginia
    jrginia Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, HawkeyeMan! That fixed it for me, too!

• kdthurm
    kdthurm Member
    Options

Confirmed, fix for me as well!!

• RappaYellow76
    Options

It looks like the issue resolved itself overnight. I didn’t change to the other veridian and it worked this morning. Will see if it works again tomorrow.

• JMC4
    JMC4 Member
    Options

Yes, my issue was also fixed overnight as stated by RappaYello76 without needing the alternate Veridian selection.

• kdthurm
    kdthurm Member
    Options

Download issues return for me. Anyone else having problems downloading transactions from Veridian? My latest transaction just aren't updating in Quicken and getting no errors. Dang, thought this was fixed.

• breicherts
    breicherts Member
    Options

Hey kdthurm, as of a couple hours ago I was able to download transactions successfully in Quicken. I did have an issue starting yesterday morning where I was receiving a CC-501 error which was not allowing me to download transactions. It would prompt me to select a SMS message or a phone call but I never received either one. That seems to have been resolved late this morning.

This discussion has been closed.