Update R54.9 issues

Options

Quicken no longer updates any accounts! How can I undo this patch? Worked great last week!

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Haven't updated to R54.9 and it's being trickled out right now, so I don't know if "R54.9" is the culprit here, but generally "reverting back" to an earlier version simply involves running the mondo file for that earlier version. You can download an earlier version here:

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html

This is a site maintained by another Quicken SU.

• Ray Cosner
    Ray Cosner Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

R54.9 working fine for me. Update OK, no issues observed so far.

• howdyrichard
    howdyrichard Member ✭✭
    Options

I reloaded an earlier (December 2023) and now it works again. The only issue was on one credit card account it doubled most expenses from the last couple months which was time consuming to delete one at a time. Maybe there is a better way to do that?

• howdyrichard
    howdyrichard Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you both Tom & Ray.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:

1. Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    2. Reboot Windows.
    3. Start Quicken. Do not run One Step Update.
    4. Run BOTH Validate and Supervalidate to attempt to repair your Quicken data file.
    5. If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots".
    • If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Review the Data Log. Anything interesting in there, worthwhile posting here?
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Review the Data Log. Anything interesting in there, worthwhile posting here?
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    edited January 22
    Options

Is it just my installation of it, or is R54.9 missing the gear icon at the top right of each account register? Right-clicking this button gives you a context menu to update just that account, reconcile or edit it, and many other things. I use it all the time (when it's there).

This discussion has been closed.