NFCU CC-501 Problem

Options

The problem with Quicken downloading Navy Federal Credit Union accounts continues. Can someone from Quicken contact NFCU to clear it up please?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Swatts75,

To answer your question, for security reasons, we're not able to reach out to the financial institution on your behalf. Are you seeing any errors other than the CC-501 error? When I check on our end, I'm seeing a lot of CC-503 errors with Navy Federal Credit Union. To troubleshoot the CC-503 (invalid credentials) errors, I recommend following the troubleshooting steps in this article.

To troubleshoot a CC-501 error, the recommended troubleshooting is to wait 24 hours and try again (often the error will clear on its own). If the error persists after 24 hours, then you would need to reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Aldur
    Aldur Member ✭✭
    Options

This has been ongoing for more than a year and the answers continue with general troubleshooting, while Quicken support has recognized that there is a problem with connecting to NFCU.

Quicken needs to get their support focusing on this issue as it has become a major issue for veterans and their families!

• isonclubikin
    isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm now getting a CC-501 when trying to connect to NFCU. It doesn't even ask me for my 2FA. Just tries connecting and fails.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10772231/CTP-8838)

Quicken Kristina

• Brian Grafe
    Brian Grafe Member ✭✭
    edited January 26
    Options

Just jumping on the bandwagon. This is day two of the CC-501 error for me when using One-Step (1/25/24 in the a.m., then again today in the morning and afternoon, 1/26). Today I closed/opened QKN and retried (same error); then I rebooted the laptop and retried (same error). I recently updated to R54.9, Build 27.1.54.9 (in the last 2 to 3 days), but I can't say for sure if the CC-501 error appeared on the first "one-step" attempt after installing the update.

Thanks,

Brian

• Brian Grafe
    Brian Grafe Member ✭✭
    Options

Update: Ran "One-Step Update" just now and things seemed to work fine — NFCU transaction downloaded.

• Paul Passman
    Paul Passman Member ✭✭
    Options

I continue to receive the CC-501 error when doing a One Step Update or a manual download of NFCU transactions. This has been ongoing for over a week. Please escalate this issue and correct it.

• aDail
    aDail Member ✭✭
    Options

I, too, am still receiving either CC-501 or CC-502 errors when doing a One Step Update or a manual download of NFCU transactions. I get those messages even though transactions are actually downloading to my desktop.
    This is seriously frustrating.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Paul Passman and @aDail,

I can see the alert associated with the issue on this thread was marked as resolved. If the issue is persisting for you after the issue has been marked resolved, then I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Paul Passman
    Paul Passman Member ✭✭
    edited February 23
    Options

This problem continues! I receive a CC-501 error whenever I attempt to do an update of my Navy Federal Credit Union accounts. I am using Quicken Classic for Windows.

The message states that this is a Quicken Server issue and not to contact the credit union. Please advise how and when this will be resolved.

Thank you.

Paul Passman

[Removed - Email]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Paul Passman,

Thank you for the follow up. As I stated earlier, please reach out to Quicken Support directly for assistance with this issue. Quicken Support has access to tools that the Community can't access and are able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• aDail
    aDail Member ✭✭
    edited February 27
    Options

@Paul Passman, https://community.quicken.com/profile/Quicken%20Kristina Think I got it fixed!
    Previously when downloading NFCU transactions, the system would ask for multiple authentication codes, correctly download transactions but then pop-up error CC-501.

Yesterday I saved a fresh full backup of my Quicken Account. Then I deactivated online services on all of my NFCU accounts. Closed out of Quicken. Then after a few minutes, I reopened Quicken then reactivated those same NFCU accounts. It now only asks me once for an authentication code and transactions are downloaded as expected with no error codes.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear you got it to work!

Please reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.