CapitalOne: You Have No Eligible Accounts to Share

Options

Quicken has prompted me to reauthorize CapitalOne accounts. I attempted the first time through Chrome and received the 'no eligible accounts to share' message. I then updated Firefox, purged all cookies, and set firefox to default browser. I rebooted and attempted again. Got the same message.

I logged in directly to CapitalOne and there are clearly 3 accounts there. In my profile it shows no externally linked applications. Any idea on where to go next?

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @AnonAnon,

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• AnonAnon
    AnonAnon Member ✭✭
    Options

just like i said; seems odd and i get same behavior regardless of which browser i use for the handoff between quicken and browser.

• AnonAnon
    AnonAnon Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm seeing a lot of upticks in reauthorizing so suspecting maybe we are all about to get these kinds of messages. Anyone have any intel on what might be going on here? TIA

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @AnonAnon,

Have you contacted Capital One or navigated to their website to see if you need to allow third-party access (or something along those lines)? This could be contributing to the issue that you are experiencing.

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• AnonAnon
    AnonAnon Member ✭✭
    Options

under linked apps on the capital one website (under security) it indicates: You have not provided any external apps access to your account.

I'm about to just add this to the list of reasons why i'll never get my kids to adopt this software.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since you're seeing this on Capital One's website, that indicates there is something causing Capital One to see no accounts which can be shared. Is the account(s) you're trying to connect in Quicken shared (for instance, you have both a primary and an authorized user)? If so, only the primary cardholder's credentials would be able to link the account to Quicken; authorized users don't have the proper permissions.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• AnonAnon
    AnonAnon Member ✭✭
    Options

i'm the primary account holder and it was working recently so i'm at a loss; the previous time i reauthorized it worked just fine (an annoyance we all must endure for a secure connection, but it did in fact work)

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

What kind of account are you trying to reconnect? Is it an active account (for instance, has it had transactions other than interest payments in the past few months)?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• AnonAnon
    AnonAnon Member ✭✭
    Options

SOLVED: all active accounts, all working previously with quicken. HOWEVER, there was a fraud alert on the account (added additional cell #), so CapitalOne shut down any interconnections until that was validated by calling customer service. 5 Mins after confirming information was legit, reauthorization resumed without any issues.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear you were able to work with Capital One to resolve the issue!

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.