Investment accounts showing incorrect balances (Quicken Mac 7.5.1)

Options
carona12@
carona12@ Member
edited March 12 in Investing (Mac)

I'm having issues with 2 separate investment accounts not showing the correct total balance. When I go to correct the connection issue - both accounts show the correct balances that are found on each of those websites, however then when I continue forward to link them to the respective account they show up with lower balances…One issue I can tell is the money market fund balances are missing and the other issue is a certain stock transaction bucket isn't showing.

Its very confusing because it does show the higher balance when comparing it to what it sees on the website….but then it won't come through correctly.

I've read through discussions/comments of similar issues but none of the suggestions for correction are working.

any suggestions to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @carona12@,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did this issue start? Do you recall which version of Quicken you were using when the issue started? Were the accounts previously connected and showing correctly, or have they been showing incorrectly since they were first connected in your Quicken? Which financial institution(s) are these accounts with? Are you using Simple tracking or Detailed tracking? (To check this, in your Quicken, click on the investment account to select it, then go to Accounts>Settings, and on the Details tab, it should show you the investment tracking method.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• carona12@
    carona12@ Member
    Options

Hello Kristina,

One of the investment accounts I'm seeing this issue on is with Vanguard; and noticed that in Jan'24 it started to not include the cash/Money Market fund balance that I moved from checking into this investment account. I've tried both Simple and Detail tracking but they both have the same issue.

The other investment account is Computer share - there are 2 types of At&t shares listed and it's only picking up one of them for some reason. This issue I noticed in Jan'24 that it wasn't picking up both…but it may have started earlier.

I'm on Deluxe 7.5.2 for Mac.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Could you please clarify what you mean by it started to not include the cash/Money Market fund balance? Was it previously tracking that fund as a security and then that security vanished? Is it tracking it in the cash balance for the account? If not, is there any transaction to account for the security/cash not reflecting?

For the 2 types of AT&T shares, when you say it previously was picking up both, but now is picking up only one, does it still show the other one at all? If not, is there a transaction to account for that security no longer being there?

Are you getting any error messages with either financial institution?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• carona12@
    carona12@ Member
    Options

It was tracking the money when it was in cash…now that it was transferred to vanguard and into the Money market fund - it no longer includes it in the total. No transactions in the detail of this investment.

At&t - no transactions in the detail…it's like it dissapeared…but when I look at the online balance it shows both types of stock.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since it is acting like data that previously was there vanished from your file, this may be a file specific issue. Please restore a backup from before the issue started and test to see if the issue is resolved in that newly restored file, or if it returns once the accounts update.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.