Cannot change name of muni bond in Quicken Classic, Deluxe in Windows

Options
Bearspa
Bearspa Member ✭✭
edited February 27 in Investing (Windows)

I downloaded securities from my broker's monthly transaction statement, and accepted all the names, figuring I could change them later. There are a couple of cases where the bonds are named after downloading as "Cusip Number" "Bond name". I want to list it as just Bond Name in the Security List. I have tried to edit directly in the security list, in the Investment register entry using Edit Security. I tried deleting the Cusip #, deleting everything and reentering the Bond Name, and it refuses to remove the Cusip # from the security name. I did this in the past, but it doesn't work now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Bearspa,

To troubleshoot this issue, since you mentioned that editing the security didn't work, have you tried editing the transaction in the register to reflect the correct information?

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bearspa
    Bearspa Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina. You were spot on. I had tried this previously, but when I got to the place where it asked me if I wanted to create a new security, I had declined to do so, so the change did not come through.

When I allowed it to do so, it worked partially, in that it initially allowed me to change the name, but Quicken encountered a different problem in that the new name was the same as the name of the security I had bought separately from this, and the only difference between the two was the cusip number.

So, yes it did help, but I am leaving the name as is. Plus it was called after I posted my question, so it is no longer an issue.

Thanks for your help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue.

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.