Can I change the font size in registers in QM 2007?

Options
MaryLRB
MaryLRB Member ✭✭

I recently developed an eye problem that makes it difficult for me to read small text on the computer. I'm running both the new QM Deluxe 6.12.7 and the old QM 2007.

I found a way to increase the font size in QM Deluxe under the View menu. Is there anything similar in QM 2007?

Best Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 21 Answer ✓
    Options

No, you cannot adjust the registers in 2007. They are fixed.

Instead of trying to increase visibility within each program, you might look into going to your Mac's System Settings:Display and choosing to show a lower resolution which will make everything appear larger systemwide. (Since you are running 2007, you are running an older OS, but the concept is similar to my screenshot.)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Another IMO better choice is to use the built-in macOS Zoom feature.

In macOS Preferences, go to Accessibility > Zoom. Turn on "Use scroll gesture with modifier key to zoom."

Then, press and hold the CTRL key, and with a mouse, scroll the wheel, or with a TouchPad do a 2-finger scroll. The entire screen will zoom in or out. Works everywhere.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 21 Answer ✓
    Options

No, you cannot adjust the registers in 2007. They are fixed.

Instead of trying to increase visibility within each program, you might look into going to your Mac's System Settings:Display and choosing to show a lower resolution which will make everything appear larger systemwide. (Since you are running 2007, you are running an older OS, but the concept is similar to my screenshot.)

• MaryLRB
    MaryLRB Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately all I can do is adjust the brightness. I can't find anything that looks like the section outlined in red in your screen shot. I guess I'll have to live with the small font in QM 2007 as long as I choose to keep using it.

Thanks also for the quick response! This community always comes through for me!

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Another IMO better choice is to use the built-in macOS Zoom feature.

In macOS Preferences, go to Accessibility > Zoom. Turn on "Use scroll gesture with modifier key to zoom."

Then, press and hold the CTRL key, and with a mouse, scroll the wheel, or with a TouchPad do a 2-finger scroll. The entire screen will zoom in or out. Works everywhere.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• MaryLRB
    MaryLRB Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, smayer97! My preferences were already set for that, I just didn't know how to use it.

I wish there were a way to make it permanent, not intermittent, in QM 2007 but it will still be helpful. I mostly need it when I'm trying to reconcile statements and am not sure about some numbers, e.g. 6 and 8.

As I said before, this community is amazing! I so appreciate the collective knowledge and willingness to help.

This discussion has been closed.