Refresh Error After update on Grouping when In Dashboard/Portfolio

Options
u000top2
u000top2 Member ✭✭
edited February 24 in Investing (Windows)

If I have my Investments shown in grouping like Security Type, only the ones that are greater than zero are shown - 4 in my case. Once I click update to get the latest quotes the screen refreshes and shows 15 security types 11 of which are zero and never used. Please fix.

To fix I have to change grouping to something else and back to Security Type to get back the 4 I use.

The same thing happens with Asset Class grouping, but I rarely use that.

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22 Answer ✓
    Options

I have had the same irritation for years.

@Quicken Kristina No, the issue is that when a portfolio view first displays with group by Security Type, the only Types presented are those with non-zero shares or market values (and as otherwise controlled by account and security specifications). That is good.

If you then Update quotes (or maybe take a variety of other action) such that the view refreshes, the refreshed view displays with all Security Types rather than only those with non-zero market value.

Customizing the securities included or the accounts included in the view also causes the 0-value security types to be displayed.

It is an irritant that just looks like sloppy coding and would seem to be quite fixable.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @u000top2,

To clarify, are you trying to find a way to exclude the ones that you no longer use?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22 Answer ✓
    Options

I have had the same irritation for years.

@Quicken Kristina No, the issue is that when a portfolio view first displays with group by Security Type, the only Types presented are those with non-zero shares or market values (and as otherwise controlled by account and security specifications). That is good.

If you then Update quotes (or maybe take a variety of other action) such that the view refreshes, the refreshed view displays with all Security Types rather than only those with non-zero market value.

Customizing the securities included or the accounts included in the view also causes the 0-value security types to be displayed.

It is an irritant that just looks like sloppy coding and would seem to be quite fixable.

• u000top2
    u000top2 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you q-lurker for clarifying. That is exactly the case.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 23
    Options

Thank you for the clarification,

I forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have it further investigated. In the meantime, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.  

(CTP-8812) 

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.