Investment portfolio window Cash balance reconciliation

Options
Robhawaii
Robhawaii Member ✭✭
edited February 24 in Investing (Mac)

Quicken Mac 7.4.2 (Build 704.51578.100)

I’m manually reconciling 8 investment accounts over 3 different brokerages to the brokerage online balances.  All investments with a symbol in Quicken match the brokerage amount for the corresponding Quicken account detail. However, the Cash amount in the Quicken Portfolio view varies from the actual Cash balance!

Reading past posts regarding this topic I see that I should be using the Reconcile feature to easily correct the cash balances, (and no longer use a spreadsheet to do this).  However, I am not understanding which items end up in Cash.

Here is an example of a Vanguard account online positions as stated in the Vanguard website window:

Vanguard Federal Money Market Fund (Settlement Fund) $ 6,164.96
Available Balance $ 6164.96
VMRXX Vang cash Resvs Feel Money Mkt Admiral $ 165.35
9128286Z8 US Treas Note $ 3,940.62
Total (per online window for the account) 10,270.93

—————The Quicken Portfolio window shows the following: 
US Treas Note $ 3,940.62
Vang Fed MM Fund VMFXX. $ 1,935.34
Vang Cash Resvs Fed MM Investor VMMXX $ 0.80
Vang Cash Resvs Fed MM Admiral  VMRXX $ 10.45
CASH                       $ 4,378.18
Total Market Value (Quicken) $ 10,265.39

A resulting small difference in totals between Vanguard and Quicken of $ 5.54

Since I have December 31, 2023 statements for all accounts I can reconcile each account.  In the example above, assuming no new 2024 transactions, after I reconcile should the Cash balance in Quicken equal $ 6,164.96?

Thanks

Rob

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Robhawaii,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Robhawaii,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.