Can't connect to Alight "OFX Error: 16503" (QMac)

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Alight Solutions - not connecting to Quicken

Comments

• jkurutz
    jkurutz Member
    Options

I'm having the same prob: can't connect to Alight. "OFX Error: 16503"

I thought I was setting up a new connection, but looking through my keychain, I saw I'd been able to connect before. For some reason I had two separate "User Id - Company ID" entries. Maybe the company ID changed?

NOTE TO OP: It looks like getting Quicken to connect to Alight requires a login name that combines both your User ID AND your Company ID. If you simply go tho the Alight website, all you need is the user ID. A Quicken connection needs a dash, then a company ID. If your company changed, that ID would have changed, too. Maybe try tracking down your new company's company ID. (I forget how to do that, but I'm going to try now)

• jkurutz
    jkurutz Member
    Options

Hi all. I can confirm that I was able to get Quicken for Mac to connect with Alight! But the connection protocol is dumb and error-prone. The key indeed is that you need more than your your user ID. You also have to add a hyphen and then your 5-digit company ID.

What's a 5-digit company ID? I really don't know or care or try to make sense of it. But when I logged in to the Alight portal (with just my user ID and password), searched for "Quicken"in the search tool, the virtual assistant came up; asking the virtual thing about quicken, it provided an answer topic entitled "5-digit ID for online tools". That seems to be the magic phrase. Clciking that brought me to a page that had the company's 5-digit ID.

So if your user ID is "123456789", and your company ID is 98765, then you use this in the login window: "123456789-98765"

Good grief, why does it have to be this complicated?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jkurutz,

Thank you for coming to the Community and posting the solution that helped you get connected!

To answer your question about why it's so complicated, the financial institution decides what information needs to be verified for Quicken to be able to connect. Most use just a standard User ID/Password, but some need additional authentication.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.