Saving edited Reports

Options
DaWeav
DaWeav Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2 in Reports (Windows)

Before the recent upgrade, I was able to edit an existing report and save it using the same name. Now I am prompted to save the report as another name! Why?

"A report with this name already exist in the folder … Use a different report name if you wish to save it again in this folder."

Why did it change?

[Edited for Readability]

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We're other users …. and can't answer "WHY" type questions … because we don't get told any more than you.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not seeing this; it allows me to save on top of the exiting name. Are you hitting the correct part of the Save button?

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • DaWeav
    DaWeav Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I open one of my saved reports.

I make a change to the report.

I click the disk ICON to save the report and I get the new save report GUI window like your showing.

I click 'Save', but I get this popup instead of the report just saving itself.

• DaWeav
    DaWeav Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    Options

OK, I figured it out. For whatever reason the save report page 'changed' the 'Save in' location to 'My saved reports' instead of the report folder that I have the report in 'Investing & Net Worth'. Once I changed the 'Save in' location, it saved normally.

However! I just noticed when I opened a different saved report from a different report folder, that it tried to 'Save in' the last folder I saved the previous report to instead of the folder that that report is actually in. Seems like a bug!

I guess whenever I try to save any existing report that I'll need to remember to look at the 'Save in' to make sure it's correct now!

• gmk3
    gmk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Having the same problem. This is definitely a bug they need to fix. Again, it seems Quicken has rolled out an update that's not ready for prime time.

This discussion has been closed.