How to Review only an old Quicken Backup

Options
jjrichards
jjrichards Member ✭✭

I am looking to review only a prior Quicken back up , however in a recent attempt to review the backup installed this as my current account .

How can I review an old Quicken back up without replacing it as my current file ?

Thank you

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

During the Quicken Restore process, you are given the opportunity to either overwrite or create a copy, choose "copy" and you can change the name of the file.

NOTE: Any time you open up a different file in Quicken, Quicken's most recent file in the Recent File list (File menu) will be changed, to get back to your original file, select it from that list to make it the most recent file opened.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi splasher

Thank you for the response . The reason I want to review an old back up is one account Citi Bank credit cards. Many others recently have had the same issue , in Quicken when you opened had a tab to :" reauthorize Citi Bank" . The issue ( large thread in Quicken Community ) was during the process many of the categories of the charges were left blank during the " re authorization " . I itemize each credit card transaction .

I have since deactivated auto update from Citi Bank and just downloading the transactions from their website into Quicken . I am fearful since I have gone back in and amended many of the categories. The good part is that if a restaurant is left blank , i categorize it as " dining " it will ask you if you want all transactions for this merchant the same way , you check yes and it works . One issue is that I have "split" transactions where for Costco as an example I will have groceries , household items , broken out separately .

Since I have years of Citi Bank transactions with categories is there a way old backup which had the breakdowns of categories and just update only the Citi Account without amending data on all other accounts ?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your best bet would really be to go back to a backup before the problem existed and work forward from there.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.