Can Quicken handle financial institutions with challenge questions?

Options

Since Mint went kaput, I am looking for a new personal finance software. I bought Quicken (Classic Version 7.5.2 for Mac) to try it out. Many of my accounts are working, but those that require an extra level of authentication don't seem to work.

First, I get a screen that where I enter my log-in credentials (user name + password). That works.

Second, I get a screen telling me "Additional authentication required" for this account and asks where to send a PIN. I select my mobile. That works. I receive a PIN on my mobile

Third, I get a screen where I can input the PIN. That works.

Fourth, I get a new screen that says "Please answer the question so we can confirm your identity." But it does not provide any questions or provide a space to input any answers. It only again allows me to choose to send a PIN. However, once I click submit, I get a fifth screen that says "Validating your answers…" (what answers? there were no questions asked or anywhere to input answers.)

Finally, I get an error message that says Multifactor Authentication Failed.

I have having this same exact experience with three different financial institutions:

1. American Express (bank only; my AmEx card works fine)
  2. DC College Savings Plan
  3. Thrift Savings Plan (retirement plan for federal employees)

Is there any way to fix? If not, I will ask for a refund.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This is a known issue and has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• DCLawyerMama
    Options

I should add that the error message includes the following: "Error FDP-1022 (CP_SERVER_ERROR -  Invalid credentials)"

• Ren Lopez
    Ren Lopez Member ✭✭
    Options

I get the same thing. Any feedback from quicken support?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This is a known issue and has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kpearson73
    kpearson73 Member
    Options

I am getting the same error with Truist.

• julio.bouza
    julio.bouza Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been having the same challenge with one of my credit union accounts. I wished that one day users would be able to use Quickens without errors. Is a hot mess this application and I am about to give up. UGH

This discussion has been closed.