AMEX downloading

Options
bonnieweis
bonnieweis Member

months ago there was an issue of not downloading transactions in AMEX if the user was not the primary cardholder. Has this been fixed?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @bonnieweis,

Are you currently experiencing this issue? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What is your connection method with American Express? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List.

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@bonnieweis curious as to how this can be a provided assuming you are using the primary cardholders login credentials.

• kate d
    kate d Member ✭✭
    Options

@bonnieweis are you having this problem using OneStep Update?

Not a problem at all if you use Manual Update. The Amex website does require you to be logged in as primary cardholder to be able to download transactions, and also allows you to download all transactions from all your cards simultaneously in a single OFX file.

I have several AMEX card accounts set up in Quicken -I am primary on some and my husband is primary on others. I simply login to Amex as myself to get my cards' transactions, then login again as my husband to get all his cards' transactions.

• Perry Gershon
    Perry Gershon Member ✭✭
    Options

This is an issue on the Mac side. For years I have used AMEX direct download with no issue. But Quicken required me to move to Quicken connect, and now only the pimary card holder's transactions get downloaded.

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Perry Gershon appreciate sahring teh focus that this is on teh Mac side. I will, as I am running both QMac and QWin, try it on the Mac side and see whether I can duplicate your results.

This discussion has been closed.