FDP-1022 Error on 7.5.2 Update

Options
RMOJR
RMOJR Member ✭✭

Since it seems that the 7.5.2 Quicken Update for Mac caused this issue is there a way to roll back to the previous release while Quicken engineers figure out the issue with 7.5.2?!? At least the previous release you could update your accounts.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

It's pretty doubtful that the release is causing this. Probably just a coincidence. I'd suggest contacting Quicken Support (link at the top of this page) for help in resolving it.

That said, you can roll back to the previous version if you have not emptied the Trash on your mac since updating. You will find the previous version of the app in the Trash. You can drag and drop that version into the top level Applications folder in the Finder, telling Finder to replace the existing version.

Depending on the version you updated from, your Quicken data file may have been restructured for the new version. If so, it will not open in the older version and you'll get a message to this effect when you try. If that's the case, you'll need to revert to a backup from before you updated. Backups by default are stored at (username) > Library > Application Support > Quicken > Backups. Here you should find a backup labeled "PRE-UPDATE" which was made when you last updated the app. You can get to this folder by clicking menu File > Show Backups in Finder in Quicken.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @RMOJR,

This error is a known issue and has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@RMOJR I was unaware of the Community Alert for this issue that @Quicken Anja just linked. While it is possible to revert to the previous version of Quicken as I described above, it is more likely that this is coincidental occurrence reflecting a problem with the data aggregator and not related specifically to the app update. Therefore, before dealing with reverting the version, I'd suggest waiting a couple/few days for Quicken to resolve the issue. You will likely find that it's resolved on the back end without necessitating another app udpate.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.