Two factor authentication windows not working NEFCU

Options

Quicken will ask how do I want to receive the delivery method for a code. I have tried all 3 methods and I never receive a code from NEFCU/VSECU. Have tried a number of options to fix this including going back to a previous backup copy, validate file and reset account. This seems to have started have a new version of quicken was updated. Version R54.9 build - 57.1.54.9

Anyone else have this issue? how did you fix?

Comments

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same thing I get but I have not updated to R54.9 yet…. my FI is Bank of Oklahoma….

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @ejraymond1 and @retird,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Are you getting any error messages/error codes when you're trying to update/connect your account(s)? If not, then what exactly is happening?

I look forward to your replies!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ejraymond1
    ejraymond1 Member
    Options

no error message . It just continues and finishes without updating the accounts with the current transactions and the correct online balances. it should be asking for my bank authorization code before continuing . I do not even get that code from my bank in a text ect..

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To clarify, it asks you how you want to receive your code, but no code ever arrives. Does Quicken populate a textbox to input the code, or does it continue with the One Step Update as though no code is needed (aside from the fact that no transactions download)?

Have you checked on the financial institution website to verify if multi-factor authentication is turned on and make sure your contact information for multi-factor authentication is current?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• ejraymond1
    ejraymond1 Member
    Options

quicken does not "populate a textbox to input the code, and does it continue with the One Step Update as though no code is needed" when I rest my account it does ask me how I want to receive the code and the financial institution will then text me a code to input into the text box which does appear during this process. then when I try to update again it does not work.

NEFCU has not changed it there process and my information is up to date . It has also been working well over the last few months as these just went through a merger and transition to the digital baking system. this just started over the last few days (January 23 was the last day it worked correctly) I have been a quicken user for over 20+ years now.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Your response is a bit unclear, you start by saying that the box does not appear, but then later in that same sentence, you say it does appear.

To clarify, when you reset your account, it has you go through the connection process and does the multi-factor authentication, and that seems to work. After the account is reconnected, the next time you try to update it, nothing downloads. Is that correct? Do you get any multi-factor authentication prompts when trying to update your account, or does that happen only when resetting/reconnecting the account? Do any transactions download after resetting/reconnecting your account?

If you haven't already done so, I recommend following the troubleshooting steps in this article on when transactions are missing or not downloading:

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• ejraymond1
    ejraymond1 Member
    Options

Sorry you are confused as I tried to answer you questions.

1. It does asks delivery method for validation code to be selected .
    2. I do not receive the code from the NEFCU
    3. the download complete with no update
    4. I have many accounts at this credit union and the correct online balances is also not updating
    5. I did look at your troubleshooting and did not see anything the needed to be uptated.
    6. see my answers below to your questions
    7. To clarify, when you reset your account, it has you go through the connection process and does the multi-factor authentication, and that seems to work. After the account is reconnected, the next time you try to update it, nothing downloads. Is that correct? Yes that is correct
    8. Do you get any multi-factor authentication prompts when trying to update your account, or does that happen only when resetting/reconnecting the account? This only happens when resetting account as stated above
    9. Do any transactions download after resetting/reconnecting your account? yes transaction download when the account is reset.

• Zeke
    Zeke Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had the same exact issue starting on 1/24 after I updated to R54.9 build - 27.1.54.9. I am not sure if the update is the cause or not, but It is now back working for me starting last night 1/27 and again today.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Since the article on missing/not downloading transactions did not resolve the issue, the next step is to deactivate your accounts with NEFCU, check for any inactive/closed accounts that are still trying to connect, then reconnect your active accounts. To do that, please backup your Quicken file, then follow these steps:

1. Select Tools Account List 
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Select Edit on each account with NEFCU, and Deactivate them on the Online Services tab
    4. When finished, close the Account List.
    5. Once all accounts with NEFCU are deactivated, reconnect them by going to Tools>Add Account and following the prompts, making sure to carefully relink the accounts to the correct Nickname in Quicken.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• ejraymond1
    ejraymond1 Member
    Options

Hi Kristina. I waited for a few transactions to occur in my accounts before trying to update again wit your suggestions. the two step authentication is working , however not all account were giving me the correct online balances.

I than proceeded to deactivate all account and add them back in as you suggested above. All accounts are now back in sync and updating as expected.

This is a time consuming process and should not occur with your software as this is hours of trouble shotting .

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear everything seems to be working properly now. Just to clarify, you needed to deactivate and re-add the accounts only once, and now it updates properly?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• ejraymond1
    ejraymond1 Member
    Options

that is correct.

This discussion has been closed.