New Chase Credit Card not showing but transactions showing in Existing Barclays account

Options

We got a new Chase Credit card and I have tried to link it multiple times but no luck. HOWEVER, the transactions now seem to be showing up under a Barclays account. What should I do? Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Marathon1948,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. You mention this is a new card. Is this a new account that you need to add as new in your Quicken, or is this a new card number, but associated with an existing account? Based on your description of the issue, it sounds like the account got linked to the Barclays account instead of being added or linked to the correct account.

To correct the issue, there are a couple of options.

1. If the transactions downloading to the wrong account created too much of a mess to correct manually (without a lot of work), then the simplest way to correct the issue would be to restore a backup from before the account was incorrectly linked. In the restored backup, if the Chase account is new and needs to be added as new, you'd go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts, being careful on the Add/Link screen to Add as a new account. If the Chase Card is associated with an existing account and you're needing to link it with that account, then you would first deactivate the existing account, then go to Tools>Add Account, follow the prompts, and carefully link the account to the correct name in Quicken.
    2. If it's easy to clean up the transactions that downloaded to the wrong account, then you would want to backup your Quicken file, deactivate the Barclays account (since it thinks its connected to Chase), then connect the Chase account by going to Tools>Add Account and following the prompts, being careful to add as new or link to the correct nickname in Quicken, as appropriate. Once you've verified your Chase account is connected and downloading to the right place, you can delete the transactions that incorrectly downloaded into the Barclays account. If the Barclays account should be connected in Quicken, you may need to reconnect it by going to Tools>Add Account and following the prompts.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Marathon1948
    Marathon1948 Member
    edited January 28
    Options

Thanks. However my problem is cannot add the new Chase Credit Card account to the account list. When I started with Quicken in December my wife and I had four (4) different Chase Credit Cards, and we each had a Barclays. All six of those cards appeared correctly in the Account List. In January she got an Amazon Prime Card through Chase. However, try as I might I cannot get that new Chase Credit Card to appear on the list. The transactions for it now appear under her Barclays card. Here is what it shows when I try to add the new card: 5XXX

Thanks.

[Removed - Personal Information]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

From what you describe, it sounds like the card is currently connected in Quicken to that Barclays account. When you go to Tools>Account List, what financial institution name is showing the Financial Institution column for that Barclays account?

Note, if you can't see a Financial Institution column, click the Options dropdown near the lower left of the Account List window and select "Show financial institution".

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

• Marathon1948
    Marathon1948 Member
    edited January 28
    Options

Well there does to appear to be a problem in that it says her is connected to CHASE (which seem incorrected) and mine is connected to BARCLAY (which I believe is correct)

Two questions then: (1) how do I fix her Barclay account, and (2) how do I add the new Chase account. Thanks!

[Edited - Removed Personal Information]

• Marathon1948
    Options

PS: when I try to EDIT the problem account it only seems to let me go to Chase, not Barclays. Thanks again!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Based on the screenshot you provided, the Transaction Download column shows it's not currently connected, so you should be able to reconnect the Barclay account by making a backup of your Quicken file, then going to Tools>Add Account, and follow the prompts, being careful to link to the correct nickname in Quicken. Note: Using Tools>Add Account will allow you to bypass the issue with Quicken defaulting to Chase for that account.

To add the Chase account, could you please provide more information about what is happening? The screenshot you provided in your earlier post shows that the account is listed on Chase's website. What is happening when you are redirected back to Quicken? Is the account listed on the Add/Link screen at all? If it is listed, what does it show in the Action column (Don't add to Quicken, Link to Existing Account, etc)?

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• Marathon1948
    Marathon1948 Member
    edited January 29
    Options

The good news is I managed to get the Chase Account added. Thank you. Unfortunately I think I followed instructions correctly but Barclays still shows linked to Chase

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

I'm glad to hear you were able to get your Chase account connected.

What is happening when you try to connect your Barclays account? Your screenshot shows that account is not currently connected (and shows Chase as the Financial Institution because that's the last one it was connected to). Are you able to successfully link the account? If so, what Nickname in Quicken are you linking it to. If not, then what is happening?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Marathon1948
    Marathon1948 Member
    edited January 30
    Options

Interestingly Barclay and Chase charges seem to be routing properly, even though the Account List still shows Chase as the Financial Institution for the Barclay account in question. I have some charges coming in for both so will see what happens. I will update you when they do. In the meantime, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.