Missing downloads on various accounts - spotty downloads, no error messages.

Options
MG99
MG99 Member ✭✭

recently I have noticed quicken has been missing one off transaction downloads, not everything, but one or two on this bank account, one or two on this credit card account, etc. - has anyone else experienced this recently?

I hope this is just a timing issues between quicken software updates and bank/credit card statement closing months. It’s more annoying than a major problem, as I have to search for a missing $5 charge here and a $10 transaction there and enter manually. I hope this makes sense.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @MG99,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Which financial institution(s) is this happening with? How often is it happening? When did you first notice this behavior? You mentioned that you put the missing transactions in manually; do the transactions download from the financial institution later and match up with those manual transactions?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    Options

chase bank and credit cards primarily, but also noticed similar issues with my bofa checking account. Thx.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

There are known issues with both of those financial institutions missing transactions or not downloading transactions.

For the Chase accounts not downloading reliably, please backup your Quicken file, then follow these directions from the Community Alert:

1. Go to the account register you're having trouble with
    2. Click the Gear icon in the upper right
    3. Click Update Now
    4. Repeat this process for all of your Chase accounts

If that doesn't show new transactions in the register, then try this:

1. Go to Tools > Account List
    2. Click Edit on your impacted Chase account
    3. On the Online Services tab, click Reset
    4. Follow any prompts to log in, if needed, and then update your accounts again

Finally, if the above steps aren't helpful, you can refresh your financial institution information in Quicken:

1. Choose Tools menu > Online Center.
    2. Select the financial institution you want to update from the Financial Institution drop-down menu.
    3. While pressing CTRL+F3 on your keyboard, click Contact info at the top of the screen. You must do all three at the same time.
    4. Select the financial institution you want to update, and click Refresh. The branding and profile information will be listed under current status as needs updating.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Click Update/Send, enter your financial institution Password, and select OK. Follow any additional instructions. 

For the Bank of America account not downloading reliably, please backup your Quicken file, then follow these steps from the Community Alert:

1. Deactivate all the accounts associated with Bank of America.
    2. Navigate to Bank of America's website, (https://www.bankofamerica.com/), look for third-party apps, and unlink Quicken.
    3. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the Bank of America accounts by using the "+" button.

If the issue persists, reset the cloud:

1. Click on "Edit"
    2. Select "Preferences"
    3. Go to the "Mobile & Web" tab
    4. Click on "Reset Cloud"

If these steps do not resolve the issue, then per the instructions in the alerts, please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    Options

i dont use the mobile & web feature..since awhile ago it caused some corrupt data. the issue is weird, its hit and miss in my various accounts e.g. chase, amex, bofa, etc. - it spottly misses select transacation downloads….any suggestions? i have deactivated several times, downloaded direct to try and sync up, etc.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you followed the troubleshooting steps I proved earlier and the issue persists, please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance, as they have access to tools we can't access on the Community and they are able to escalate the issue if necessary. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    Options

thank you..will give them a try. issue is weird…select items dont download..like small amazon transactions, etc.

This discussion has been closed.