Budget values in budget column have been reset to zero after cloud sync

Options
BigSpender69
BigSpender69 Member ✭✭

I think there is something wrong with Cloud Sync.

If I restore a backup I made a day ago and look at the budget without syncing to the cloud, the budget appears to be in order.

However, once I sync to the cloud, I look at my budget and the budget values in the budget column have been wiped out for all the months - the whole year.

I tried restoring a backup from a few days ago, same thing.

I even deleted my cloud file and started from scratch, no effect.

I think there is an issue server side.

Anyone else have this problem?

I didn't have this problem yesterday.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @BigSpender69,

To clarify, is this affecting only your 2024 budget? Is the issue similar to what is described in this thread:

If it is, then the issue has already been reported to the proper channels for further investigation. If not, could you please provide further information about what information is being removed from your budget when you sync to the cloud?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BigSpender69
    BigSpender69 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina,

Ok so after looking at my budget a little I have discovered a few interesting details!

First off, let me tell you that In December 2023, I created a new Quicken Data File because of corruption.

So, I started fresh and I only populated December 2023 budget with budget values.

Then, I created my 2024 Budget and populated the budget for the entire year.

A few days ago, I go and look at my 2024 budget and all of my budget values in the budget column have been reset to 0.

However, I did notice something interesting.

I went back to my 2023 budget and the December budget values were still there!

The same thing for the 2024 budget. The December budget values are still there but all other months have been reset to 0.

The actuals column appears to be intact.

So now, when I restore a backup file from say a week ago, WITHOUT immediately syncing to the cloud, the budget appears to be correct.

Once I sync to the cloud, all the budget values in the budget column have been reset to 0 with the exception of the month of December.

All budget categories have remained intact and have not been unselected after the cloud sync.

Hope this helps!

• BigSpender69
    BigSpender69 Member ✭✭
    Options

I managed to resolve my issue by deleting my budget and recreating it.

Still though, this is a pretty serious bug and one that Validate and Repair doesn't seem to catch!

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Validate & Repair is effective on a very small number of database issue. It is grossly overused and/or the expectations of what it can do are larger than life.

This discussion has been closed.