LPL troubles

Options

Hello - Quicken for Mac, v7.5.2. I saw another post about LPL and the qualities being wrong for certain bonds or securities. It was closed by Quicken as an "LPL" problem.

The LPL problem is getting worse. It seems that Quicken will not import any items from LPL that being with numbers and not an actual ticker symbol. Additionally, for certain securities, when downloading into Quicken, the number of shares is ridiculously off.

For example, MSFT downloads into quicken from LPL, but the number of shares is in the thousands. I wish I had that many, but the reality is the number is much much lower. There's no clear "aha!" moment with the number downloaded either. It's just some odd number.

Another example, in LPL my cash on hand is held in numeric accounts such as "9999228". Quicken does not download this entry so my balance in Quicken is off. Seems like that's not an LPL issue and instead an import issue with recognizing something that isn't a ticker symbol.

Anyone else seeing issues like this?

Comments

• Lana and Marcus
    Options

I have a problem as well. The balances are way off!! And Can't update it for a month now. Tried everything! Including client support.

• Ron Stevens
    Ron Stevens Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had this problem for a couple of years. According to my broker they are not aware of any problems per their IT Department but he was going to contact the CTO, (who he knows) and ask him. Any bets on the answer?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10791283/CTP-8639)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ron Stevens
    Ron Stevens Member ✭✭
    Options

I just had another conversation with my broker and what he said, I am paraphrasing , was if you want accurate info use the LPL site. They are not concerned about how it downloads someone else. So, I guess I will delete the investments from Quicken and use it to manage the checking account and credit cards.

• wpc09
    wpc09 Member ✭✭
    Options

I just moved to LPL from Ameriprise, following my financial advisor to his new position. I followed Quicken's instructions for stopping downloads form Ameriprise, renaming the accounts, and initiating downloads from LPL. The LPL download is a significant problem: Cash loads incorrectly into different positions in the portfolio; and non-existent stocks are stated as being missing, whereas the supposed missing stocks are, in fact, the exact number of dollars in Cash. Spoke to LPL support and they said not to use Express Web Connect at all because it causes errors, but to use LPL's icon for "Export to Quicken." I tried it and got the message "System is currently unavailable."

• Ron Stevens
    Ron Stevens Member ✭✭
    Options

my broker has got back to me twice to see if it's fixed. No changes I hope they're trying to fix it. I just haven't seen any results.

• dondavidday
    dondavidday Member ✭✭
    Options

I renewed my Quicken subscription with the hopes that this would be resolved by now. It still has not been resolved. The same conditions listed above still apply, but now Quicken has my annual payment.

• ferd
    ferd Member ✭✭
    Options

Hmmm. Apparently the fix may be to change Quicken for a better app. Quicken (MAC) has always been below par the Windows app. Is it that you don't have enough Mac customers?