Chevron / Synchrony getting error CC-503 ("Oops. Did you mistype your login?")

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

CareCredit and Newegg CC-502

Comments

• jtomalley
    jtomalley Member ✭✭
    Options

I have tried ALL of the above methods to connect to Chevron / Synchrony and I am still getting error CC-503 ("Oops. Did you mistype your login?")

I ASSURE you I'm using the exact same credentials that work just fine on the Synchrony website.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jtomalley,

To troubleshoot this issue, since there are multiple different connection options for accounts serviced by Synchrony, I would recommend checking to make sure you're using the correct connection option. I can see you were encountering this issue using the Synchrony Bank Credit Cards connection. Since you mention Chevron specifically, have you tried one of these connection options?

What is the login URL (web address) you go to when you log into the financial institution website directly?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jtomalley
    jtomalley Member ✭✭
    Options

my chevron card website is a synchrony site: (NOT “chevrontexacocards-dot-com”) https://www.synchrony.com/

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 28
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you are certain you are using the correct connection option, then please follow these steps from the article on error CC-503, to troubleshoot the issue further:

Step One: Verify your bank login information

1. Type your password/PIN into a text application, such as Notepad, WordPad, or other text/word application. 

Note: This is a way of confirming you don't have typographical errors in this field.  

1. Highlight the "confirmed" password and then copy it (Ctrl + C) and paste it (Ctrl + V) into the appropriate fields in Quicken.

Step Two: Verify your bank login at the bank's website

1. Go to your bank's website and use your credentials to log in to the bank's website.
    2. Confirm that you're able to log in to the bank's website with the expected username and password.

Note: This confirms that the account isn't locked due to too many failed connection attempts, and that the login credentials do work on the financial institution side.

Step Three: Update your password(s) in Quicken

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Choose Tools > Account List.
    3. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    4. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    5. Click Reset Account.
    6. Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the reset. 
    7. If prompted, carefully LINK the accounts found to the existing accounts in Quicken. 

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• jtomalley
    jtomalley Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina - I've already exhausted all of these steps several times and I always get the same error. "CC-503 ("Oops. Did you mistype your login?")"

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• notahappycamper_CA
    Options

I have the same issue. Transaction download errors started right after the latest quicken update (which is why I avoided installing it for as long as possible). My signin credentials for Chevron are correct, have not changed, and still work fine at the synchrony bank website.

The website for Chevron Cards login starts at synchrony.com but then redirects to https://consumercenter.mysynchrony.com/

Trying to add new account at mysynchrony.com yields only the Guitar Center Card, no Chevron Card. I did try adding the Guitar Center (an old post said they connected with their Chevron login) but I got a "server not available error").

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @notahappycamper_CA,

Based on what you are describing, it sounds like Synchrony Bank Credit Cards is not the correct connection option (which is why it throws an invalid credentials error…it does not see an account with that User ID and password). The server not available (FDP-102/CC-502) error you are seeing with Guitar Center is an issue that started just recently and has already been reported to the proper channels. Click this link if you would like to view the discussion.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.