USAA Credit Card Account Showing As Checking (Windows)

Options

My USAA Visa card no longer connects. I saw other discussions regarding this issue, but none of the suggested fixes work for me. All my USAA accounts updated OK until a few weeks ago. I'm using Quicken Classic Deluxe running on Windows 11. I can connect to my other USAA accounts (checking and savings). I tried a bunch of stuff, but nothing fixed the problem with the credit card account.

I tried resetting the account. I deactivated my USAA Visa account and tried to set it up as a new connection. I tried editing the account and entering both the Financial Institution (USAA Federal Savings Bank) and the Account Number. I tried removing the Account Number

I tried validating the file. I tried super-validating the file. I tried copying the file and trying it with the copy.

Validate: 

1. File
  2. Validate and Repair File...
  3. Validate File
  4. Click OK
  5. Close the Data Log
  6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
  7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
  2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
  3. Super Validate File
  4. Click OK
  5. Close the Data Log
  6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
  7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
  • Quicken Classic uses Intuit to connect. I get the connection screen, I log in to USAA OK, I approve the connection and I'm returned to Quicken as expected. When I try to set up online services for the USAA Visa credit card, however, it thinks the account is a checking account, not a credit card, so it lists only checking and savings accounts.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Red Wing Joe,

Due to the troubleshooting steps that you tried having failed, I suggest reaching out to Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.