Mac: Sync Creates Adjustments to Make BMO Loans Positive Rather Than Stay Negative

Options
TekNullOG
TekNullOG Member ✭✭

I have homeowner loans and mortgages with BMO in Canada. Whenever I sync, it makes adjustments to turn my balance positive rather than leave it negative.

Is there an option to just flag the value on the account as negative? (and keep it that way)

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @TekNullOG,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Are these loans and mortgages connected accounts, or do you update them manually? What kind of adjustments are showing up (transactions, or is the balance just changing, or something else happening)? Is this happening only in the mobile app/Quicken on the Web, or is it also changing in your Quicken file on your computer? When did you first notice this issue?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TekNullOG
    TekNullOG Member ✭✭
    edited January 29
    Options

They are connected accounts. I have 3 x "Homeowner Readiline" and 1 x "Mortgage". Behavior is a bit inconsistent between them, details:

- Homeowner Readilines:

* 2 keep getting adjusted to positive values when they update automatically,

* 1 is accurately left as a negative value.

- Mortgage: it too gets adjusted automatically to a positive number rather than left as a negative.

All of them are under Loans & Mortgages in my BMO online account so it's unclear how/why they would not be treated the same way.

This happens on Quicken for Mac.

I've been using Quicken for just 1 month and it has been annoyingly doing this from the start. I tried to solve it with an opening balance adjustment but every automatic update creates a new adjustment and breaks that.

Tech details:
    - Quicken Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100)
    - macOS 14.2.1

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.