Quicken on the Web Budget Runs Dec - Dec.

Options
Zoolook
Zoolook Member, Mac Beta Beta

Hi - I've started using the Quicken on the Web's budget interface, because it's easier to edit the budget in-line with actuals on the annual view than in the Mac version (please fix that) but I noticed the budget runs December to December for some reason.

I thought it was something local, but I created a new budget and found the same thing, and also tried with my Windows files, and same thing again. Is this by design?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Zoolook,

When you create a new budget in Quicken for Mac and Quicken for Windows, it lets you choose the starting month.

Are you selecting December as the starting month? Is it defaulting to December rather than January? Is it displaying this way only in Quicken on the Web, or are you also seeing it displaying Dec to Dec in your Quicken for Mac and Quicken for Windows?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Zoolook
    edited January 30
    Options

@Quicken Kristina thanks for the response.

No, in Quicken for Mac the start date is definitely January and this is what it shows on the Annual Budget View and Edit Budget View, same is true on the Windows version.

Oddly this issue seems to have fixed itself, despite being there for a few weeks without me changing anything. I can’t explain it. If it happens again I will repost.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

If the issue comes back or if you need assistance with something else, feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

• CuriosiT
    CuriosiT Member
    Options

Hi Kristina. This is an issue for me, too. All online budgets display Dec. to Nov. This makes no sense. There actually isn't a column for Dec. of the current year…. And if I adjust the values for Dec. of the current year in the desktop app, the values revert every time I sync with the online app. Very frustrating.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @CuriosiT,

To help troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide more information? When did this issue start? Is it only values for December 2024 that change when you sync with the app? In the desktop app, does the annual view reflect as a regular calendar year, or is it showing Dec - Nov there also? In Quicken on the Web, are you seeing any reference to Fiscal Year (FY)?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• Zoolook
    Options

The only way I was able to fix this issue was to create a brand new budget and delete the old one. Rolling over or duplicating resulted in the same issue. I imagine this was a cloud glitch at some point and anyone syncing during that period now has this issue. The only time you can even select the budget period is when creating a new one, you can't edit an existing one.

• maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I recently migrated a datafile to QWeb and am seeing the same issue on my budget plan. Although the datafile migrated shows a budget year of Jan-24 thru Dec-24, the QWeb is Dec-23 thru Nov-24.

"Budget Plan" includes the years 2020-2024 on my Quicken datafile.

I believe FY 2024 starts Oct. 1, 2023, and ends Sept. 30, 2024 so unclear how the QWeb budget is noted as 2024 (FY) Summary.

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @maxwelwp,

For most businesses that use fiscal year (FY) vs calendar year, Oct - Sep is the FY. That said, Quicken lets you choose the starting month when you first create your budget, and if you choose anything other than the standard calendar year, it'll display FY.

Since it shows correctly in your desktop app and incorrectly in Quicken on the Web, I would recommend that you try resetting the cloud, just in case information didn't upload correctly. To reset the cloud, please follow these steps (instructions are for Quicken for Windows):

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web.
    3. Click the Reset your cloud data link.
    4. When the reset finishes, log out of Quicken on the Web and log back in again, then check to see if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 23
    Options

Unfortunately performing the reset did not change the budget from Dec-23 / Nov-24 to Jan-24 / Dec-24.

As noted by @Zoolook after creating new budget, the budget year correctly displays Jan-24 thru Dec-24.

My previous budget included years 2020 thru 2024. Would have preferred continuing this budget year over year but maybe this is not able to be done?? Is it better to create a new budget each year for the benefit of Quicken on the Web or is there potential this issue will be fixed at some point?

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited February 27
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-9201)

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.