Sched E Tax Planner Hangs

Options

I am using ver. 54.9 build 27.1.54.9 Quicken Premier, Windows 10. When I attempt to enter/view 2024 entries for Sched E Quicken hangs up (goes unresponsive) and I have to end with task manager. Anyone else experiencing this problem? I have executed validate/repair and it is clean.

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jack W,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue?

Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

If your Quicken file is on a shared drive or a cloud drive, try moving it directly to your C: drive and test to see if that resolves the issue.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jack W
    Jack W Member ✭✭
    Options

I only noticed the problem this past weekend, but really have no idea when it may have actually started since I setup the line item details now and usually only look at the summary data during the remainder of the year.

My Quicken file is located in a local folder. Only the backup folder is sync'd to Onedrive.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I wasn't able to replicate the issue in my Quicken. This makes me suspect it's likely a file specific issue. I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• Jack W
    Jack W Member ✭✭
    Options

Supervalidate with 0 errors.

Restarted Quicken, but as soon as I click on the Expenses item on Schedule E, Quicken still becomes unresponsive. BTW there are $5498 of expenses projected through bill reminders, but none of these display before becoming unresponsive. Clicking on Income items poses no problem.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The next step is to restore a backup from before the problem started (if possible) and test to see if the issue persists in the newly restored file.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.