QEL says "file corrupt"

Options
wburdick5
wburdick5 Member ✭✭

Running Quicken Classic Deluxe, release R54.9, Build 27.1.54.9 which is the current version on Windows 10 Home v22H2. When running Validate and Repair, what does "QEL -The old file was corrupt and only some of the data has been recovered" mean? Can Quicken support "fix" the file?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

QEL is Q Electronic … it's where your connectivity matters are stored.

NO, Support can't fix it. Do you have a backup?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Even though I would also suggest using a backup, it sounds to me that the data file is still "sort of intact" (if only what was reported is bad).

What the QEL file in the QDF file holds is the information about what transactions have already been imported. If it gets wiped out the main ramifications will be that when you do a download for that an account affected by this, you will get old/duplicate transactions.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have that error also and it is non-disruptive for me. That particular file has its roots going back 25+ years. Troubleshooting it, the only way I could clear it was to copy a new data file. However, doing so will require you to re-enter all your OSU connections, and I didn't want to go through that so I just ignore it.

• wburdick5
    wburdick5 Member ✭✭
    Options

I made a "safety" backup of my current file, and restored an old backup file. Same error. Restored my "safety", and will just ignore the QEL error text, as you recommended.

Now, how do we close this thread?

This discussion has been closed.