Paycheck Detail Getting Blown Away

Options
gazenick
gazenick Member ✭✭

Just noticed a new issue today where, upon updating online transactions, my paycheck split detail is being overwritten /deleted and replaced with a single category called “Net Salary”. When I backup a prior file, all paycheck history data is there, however, the instant I update the date with an online update, all of the historical paycheck data is overwritten. This is causing serious issues with all other accounts and history (401k, etc.), and I’m afraid to download updated transactions for fear it will corrupt the file again. Please help!

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @gazenick,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. Is this changing only new/recent paycheck information, or is it also changing historical paycheck information? How is the paycheck information being entered into your Quicken (for instance, is it a paycheck income reminder, or a memorized split transaction, or some other method)? If you have multiple paycheck reminders, is this affecting all of them?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gazenick
    gazenick Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Kristina.

The error impacted several old paychecks, dating back 2-3 years (though not every paycheck entry was impacted…but most were).

I have my paycheck set up as a memorized split transaction (including gross income and all deductions for taxes, 401k, etc.) to provide full historical detail. I typically need to adjust specific details upon entering / validating each paycheck entry as my compensation varies paycheck to paycheck (biweekly)

The issue erased the historical split info on all of the paycheck entries impacted and replaced the split detail with a single category called "Net Salary" (which is a category I've never used before).

I installed an older backup and ran a transaction download, and it appears that the issue didn't occur again on this older backup. Wondering if I just had a corruption issue on that prior (newer) file. I'm working to update the most current entries entries using this older file to catch it back up to date. I've run a validation (and super validation) on the file, and I'll be sure to maintain a backup to ensure I've got all of my most recent data reflected should this occur again.

Appreciate any guidance or insight you may have based on similar, prior issues you've heard about from other customers. Thank you, again.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear that restoring a backup seems to have corrected the issue.

Based on what you describe, it is likely the issue was caused by a file-specific problem. File issues can be caused by the computer and/or program unexpectedly shutting down while the file is open, the file being located on a shared drive or cloud service, and while uncommon, there is also a risk of file issues resulting from a program update.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gazenick
    gazenick Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.