Is there a way in Classic Home and Business to generate the invoice number?

Options

I have the most current Windows Classic Home and Business and when I am creating an invoice, I would like the program to assign the next invoice number but as of yet I have not found a way to do this. Looks like I have to assign it manually. Is that correct?

Best Answer

• Gerway
    Gerway Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

That will work for me. Thanks. I didn't realize that the number was prepopulated.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep, that's correct. You might try creating an IDEA post to add this feature.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wouldn't different people want to use different formats for invoice numbers (which I will bet, but have never used can actually have non numbers in them too)?

Sounds like something that might not be easy to know how to bump an invoice number.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Gerway
    Gerway Member
    Options

Well, thanks for the replies. I'll try a post for a new feature.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you trying to use some unusual invoice numbering like with leading zeros, with embedded periods, dashes, etc.?

When I start the New Customer Invoice dialog (from my icon in the Action Bar or the Action gear icon) in my Customer Invoices account register, the dialog pops up with the next available invoice number already filled in, taken from the highest number used in the account register plus 1.

• Gerway
    Gerway Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

That will work for me. Thanks. I didn't realize that the number was prepopulated.

This discussion has been closed.