System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Sync with BMO not grabbing transactions for 9 days

Comments

• Chris Uni5
    Chris Uni5 Member
    Options

Mine connected but only displayed 4 of 9 accounts. The ones that connected converted from CAN to US currency. Still waiting for update.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Chris Uni5,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? When you say it only displayed 4 out of 9 accounts, do you mean only 4 accounts got connected and the remaining 5 are not connected? Are all of the accounts under the same User ID/password with the financial institution? Are any of the accounts in USD, or should they all be Canadian dollars? Did any other accounts unexpectedly change to the wrong currency?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Kristina Express Web Connect connections to BMO stopped working 8 days ago. This is well documented in other threads. The current issues with downloading transactions has rendered Quicken next to useless for many of us. The two people posting in this thread are merely reporting the same issue that is crippling so many people right now. These are merely other manifestations of the same issue.

I've switched to using Web Connect for BMO for time being. I am very unhappy with this situation.

@Chris Uni5 I recommend you try using Web Connect for the time being - until Quicken and Intuit (Quicken's aggregator) get this huge mess sorted out.

• Chris Uni5
    Chris Uni5 Member
    Options

It started after BMO update Jan 19/20. I tried contacting support and reset my connections. Only 4 accounts displayed in the one step update after linking to BMO. The other did not appear in the grid in quicken. Of the accounts that connected the currency in quicken changed from CAN to USD. No transactions were downloaded.

I had to go back to a Jan 16 back up file and reload all current transactions manually. and select no on the "One Step Update" option.

Update Feb 01 2024, I created a back up file and attempted to connect BMO accounts. The full list of accounts was displayed in quicken and was able to link back to me existing accounts. There was some discrepancies between my online values and Quicken but it was relatively easy to identify issues and reconcile. New transactions pulled into the account.

Fingers crossed this latest fix works and no more issues.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't believe it is restoration of the backup that made the difference. The behaviour of BMO Bank of Montreal downloads changed for me at the same time as it did for you and I didn't restore any backup. Using EWC with BMO is still requiring MFA, which it did not do before Jan 19, but as of yesterday it does successfully download transactions after successfully completing the MFA; this was not the case before yesterday.

Having to perform MFA with Express Web Connect is very inconvenient. I hope further progress is made enabling that requirement to be overcome.

Performing a Express Web Connect download will reset the currency to the currency defined in the downloaded data as long as at least one transaction is downloaded for a given account. So that issue would have been overcome as well as soon as downloads started working again. The reason that some accounts got switched to USD was because the download didn't include that account and a NULL dataset converts the currency setting to USD - this is a long running issue with Quicken Canadian.

@Chris Uni5 are you being prompted for MFA?

This discussion has been closed.