Not all cleared transactions downloading from credit card accounts

Options
Don Awalt
Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭

This morning, I saw my Amex credit card account balance (cleared transactions) did not match the reported online balance. So I logged in to my account, and saw there was 1 more transaction that was cleared that did not download. The same thing happened on my Wells Fargo account, 1 transaction that was cleared did not download. Other actions downloaded fine for both.

I tried Reset account, it didn't help. Are others seeing this odd behavior?

Answers

• lisak464
    lisak464 Member
    Options

This happened to me too. It was my Commerce Bank accounts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is it possible that the downloaded transaction mis-matched itself to a previous instance of the same payee or amount, one that had already been cleared and reconciled?

If that happens again, be sure to check for a correct match. Unmatch or Match manually to reset the match to the correct transaction.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah I'll have to watch it closely. I am 99% sure that the transactions did not come down, as my normal routine is to validate the vendor/amounts in the little box at the bottom BEFORE I accept them. I can still remember the missing Amex one was $25, and I did not have a $25 transaction come down today. Thanks.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you know your way through the OFX Log file, and you have some time to spend, try locating this transaction in the OFX log. There's always the possibility that a syntax error in the downloaded transaction made Quicken skip it. A "duplicate FITID number" (same number as used in a previous transaction) might also cause it to be skipped.

If you don't have the time, talk to Quicken Support. Without someone playing Sherlock Holmes, this problem may never get solved.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2
    Options

I realize there is an old alert on this, but this morning I had another missing transaction that did not download from American express.

All but 1 transaction downloaded in the Amex account. This has been happeneing for a few days, and it has also happened with Wells Fargo but not today. I attached 2 screen shots, one shows the cleared transactions in Quicken that downloaded this morning, one shows the extra transaction on Amex web site for $16.95 that did not download. A third image shows the difference between the online balance and Quicken balance is 16.95.

I have again sent in a report a problem to Quicken, with screen shots.

PS - since this has been happening a little while, I can also report the missing transactions NEVER download - signifying to me that the FI believes they were sent successfully. They don't show up the next day for example.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This morning, on 2 Amex credit cards, one downloaded 2 transactions and that was correct. The other downloaded 3 transactions and missed one additional that did not download. This is very unreliable. Reported the problem.

• Bret Hawkins
    Options

I'm seeing this too with a Citibank credit card account. One of the last two transactions seems to be missed during the download each morning.

• proflaw
    proflaw Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've had the same problem with missing cleared transactions during the past month.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This problem continues. After a couple of days of no problems, this morning it was Wells Fargo credit card that missed a downloaded transaction. It seems like it has only happened when there are more than 2 transactions to download. The last couple of days my credit cards had at most only 2 transactions, and no problems occurred. Also today my Amex card only had 1 transaction download and that was correct. But the Wells Fargo downloaded 4 transactions, and missed a 5th.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 6
    Options

@Don Awalt when you look at the CC transactions in your online account, do the missing transactions show there? If so, are they posted or pending transactions?

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@QuickUserPSP thanks for the reply. They are there as posted not pending. It will be the only posted transaction that did not download. Also, I compare the "Online balance", which is what the credit card site reports, vs. the "Ending balance", which is the balance in my Quicken register, and they will be different by the amount of the 1 transaction not downloaded. So I add it manually, and manually clear it. Then the balances match and I won't have issues in the monthly reconciliation.

I mentioned previously, I think it's important to note the missing transaction NEVER downloads - not the next day, day after, etc. And the monthly account statement reconciliation would not be correct if I did not add the missing ones manually.

I hope this gets fixed. @Quicken Jasmine, any update on this issue? It happens for me on Wells Fargo and Amex, others have reported it on Commerce Bank and Citibank here too, so it's not just an Amex issue as this Alert suggests. This appears to be a generic problem in transaction download not specific to a given FI. What can be done about this? I have reported it through Quicken several times.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

I think these transactions are not showing up because there might be a duplication of the unique transaction ID or the programming is filtering out transactions using invalid criteria based on the unique transaction ID. Just an educated guess.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@QuickUserPSP thanks, I have sent an problem report with all the files to Quicken at least twice if not 3 times, if your hypothesis is true they should see that in the logs/files somewhere! Others who experience this problem should :Report a Problem: in Quicken after it happens.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Don Awalt - I sent you an answer, but I am being censored. Quicken doesn't want you to know the truth.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

Bottom line, Quicken Customer Service doesn't know programming, and it seem's like the actual programmers are overwhelmed with thousands of lines of code. Quicken needs better programmers, not better customer service. (my other comment still hasn't posted yet)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Don Awalt ,
    I've asked you before … have you looked in the OFX download logs, to see if the transaction really was downloaded and what it looked like?
    Could there be a syntax error that makes Quicken drop the transaction or a duplicate FITID transaction ID number?

Unless you can get someone at Support Tier 2 or higher to actually look at your log files and determine the real reason, I'm afraid it'll never get resolved.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I did look through it, but I could really find anything in part because I didn't know what I was looking for. That's why I thought sending it in might be an alternative.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Don Awalt - if it strictly a programming issue, they probably wouldn't be able to see it in any logs. Sometimes debugging means going through thousands of lines of code, testing logic and "if/then" statements. An error is easily missed, and programmers are not infallible. The people you speak with in Quicken Customer Service are not programmers and to actually speak with a Quicken programmer is almost impossible.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well I had not seen any issues for probably close to two weeks, and this morning I saw 2 download errors:

My Wells Fargo VISA card downloaded 3 transactions, but a 4th, just a $1 parking transaction, did not download and yet was cleared on the web site. (I verify online balances every day now since I don't really trust Quicken's download).

Second, one of our 2 family Amex cards had 2 transactions download, but a 3rd for $5, a monthly subscription, was cleared online (and the online balance in Quicken reflected it) yet the transaction did not download.

It was nice that it was working for awhile <sigh>…

• loridow
    loridow Member ✭✭
    Options

There continues to be a mess in my Quicken! This morning another same dollar amount/same vendor transaction did not download from my American Express Account. Then in my Wells Fargo account, a deposit that had not appeared when it was deposited on 1/29/24 suddenly appeared today….almost a month later! This has reached a point with Quicken where this level of errors on a daily basis is unacceptable.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This morning I had another missing downloaded transaction with my Wells Fargo VISA card - I reported the problem in the app, but to keep a record here of all the errors - 2 transactions were downloaded, 1 was not from my Wells Fargo Visa account this morning. The charge was for $69.18.

Any comment from Quicken? Any progress on this issue? I have to manually reconcile my accounts with online balances every day now as the system is not trustworthy.

• MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    edited February 27
    Options

Quicken Support - the top 5 community issues all related to missing downloads - please try and get tech to review…as i am having the exact same issue and its been going on for over a month..its hit and miss which transactions that dont download from both credit card accounts and bank accounts…for example, i have several amazon transaction, 3 of them downloaded, one didnt (with this example it always seems to be the same type of amazon transaction that doesnt download e.g. delivery tips). - very frustrating.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

One transaction was missing this morning in the download for Wells Fargo, a transaction that cleared their web site. The Quicken online balance includes the transaction amount, I had to enter it manually - it will never download after this. It's like it thinks it downloaded, as the online balance reflects it, but it did not. I have submitted a problem report from within Quicken EACH TIME.

Why does this continue, and why does Quicken not reply? @Quicken Anja @Quicken Jasmine is there any comment, update, or alert to this problem? If you read this thread, it's not just 1 FI. it has been happening for at least a month, and reports here include Wells Fargo, Amex, Commerce Bank, and Citibank - multiple users. I have submitted a problem report each time. Can we get a response to this PLEASE?

• loridow
    loridow Member ✭✭
    Options

This is unfortunately NOT fixed. I send troubleshooting logs every single day. Two transactions missing this morning from my Wells Fargo account that cleared the bank on 2/28/24.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Today it was 1 transaction on one of my 2 Amex credit cards, 1 downloaded, 1 did not download, but has cleared per the web site - the Quicken Online balance reflects it. I reported the problem via Quicken.

Why no Quicken response on this problem  @Quicken Anja @Quicken Jasmine ??????? This is not the level of support or at least acknowledgment I expect from a subscription service. Is there someone I can escalate this to? I notice the CEO never puts his email address out publicly.

This discussion has been closed.