Right Click, Copy|Paste|Delete Transaction Elements

Options

Why, unlike many applications, when working with transactions, there isn't a right click context dialog popup to copy|paste|delete individual transaction elements like categories or amounts to make it easier to work without the keyboard?

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The right click option for transactions is to copy or paste the whole transaction.

Go to Edit > Preferences > Setup and select Windows standard for Keyboard mappings. Then Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, and Ctrl-Z will work for fields as they normally do in Windows applications.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can see why the developers might be reluctant add these to the context menu given how big it is already, and because it might add confusion. Note: @Jim_Harman the reference to do this without the keyboard.

It is sort ironic because the old context menu with copy and paste is still there, they have just purposely overridden it to put one that is more useful for Quicken's main use cases.

I can be made to come up if you select the pulldown button for the field and then right click on the field.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/