Please allow for account link to Credit Karma

Options

I cannot link quicken to my credit karma savings account. Please advise

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@wkrasner Quicken will download from every financial institution which signs on the participate. Credit Karma, which is now something of a direct competitor to Quicken, has apparently not signed on with Quicken. You should be lobbying Credit Karma to sign on with Quicken; Quicken cannot make it happen without their action.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

How is that for ironic, Intuit owns Credit Karma, and for Quicken to download transactions from them, Intuit has to sign the agreement with themselves to approve it.

Remember Quicken Inc pays Intuit for the "Connection Services". Intuit is Quicken Inc's aggregator. It is in fact, Intuit that signs all the agreements with the financial institutions, not Quicken Inc.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

How is that for ironic, Intuit owns Credit Karma, and for Quicken to download transactions from them, Intuit has to sign the agreement with themselves to approve it.

Of course, these are different divisions of Intuit, which is a large company compared to Quicken. But it should make cutting and red tape easier — if they want to do it.

When Intuit decided late last year to shut down its online personal finance tool Mint, they made an effort to get users to move over to Credit Karma. Mint and Credit Karma aren't the same, but the tools in Credit Karma may prove sufficient for some former Mint users. I'd think the Credit Karma executives might not want to cooperate with Quicken because it might lead to some people abandoning Credit Karma to do all their personal finance tracking in Quicken. But that's pure speculation.

Meanwhile, Credit Karma's savings account is a different product, since Credit Karma isn't a bank. I see that these savings accounts are provided by MVB Bank. So they would likely need to be involved in allowing Intuit to connect to their servers for downloading information. (@wkrasner: MVB Bank does work with Quicken Mac, so it might be worth trying to connect via MVB. But I'd guess in might require a separate connection method for these accounts.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please note that my statement was pretty tongue and cheek.

Intuit isn't known great cooperation between divisions let alone with a company they just happen to own. And as you say being that Credit Karma isn't a bank this probably just like Quicken and the "Quicken Credit Card", just putting their name on something and getting some money back from the deal.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.