Does Quick work with Vanguard?

Options
cornkc
cornkc Member
edited March 2 in Before you Buy

Vanguard's Website recently STOPPED allowing my Excel VBA script from ANY automation. I have done this historically to automate a VERY SIMPLE CSV download of my family's numerous accounts'' position balances daily, several hours BEFORE the market opens. I use this CSV file to inform my personal VBA codes which have been meticulously developed over the years to largely automate the family's investment decisions. If Quicken still is able to directly connect to Vanguard, I'm wondering if there is a Quicken product, I can use whereby I could build VBA automation code to work through it instead of the Vanguard Website. I'm interested in a minimum cost solution.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @cornkc,

To answer your question, Quicken does support connecting to Vanguard. There is currently a known issue connecting to Vanguard Ascensus Retirement; you can view the details by clicking on this Community Alert. Vanguard has also been known to block Quicken access during market hours, which may delay when accounts update.

That said, Quicken does not have any official support for 3rd party or customer created scripts/codes, so I can't guarantee that Quicken will work the way that you want.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @cornkc,

To answer your question, Quicken does support connecting to Vanguard. There is currently a known issue connecting to Vanguard Ascensus Retirement; you can view the details by clicking on this Community Alert. Vanguard has also been known to block Quicken access during market hours, which may delay when accounts update.

That said, Quicken does not have any official support for 3rd party or customer created scripts/codes, so I can't guarantee that Quicken will work the way that you want.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cornkc
    cornkc Member
    Options

Thank you for your answer, Krisina. My hope would be that Quicken would not purposely look for and block scripts like Vanguard did a few months back. Access during the market day is not an issue. I just want something that can run at night to grab fund balances in my family's multitude of accounts in the wee hours of the morning. I know that Quicken exists to do a lot more than that.

This discussion has been closed.