Quicken for Mac deleted splits from past recurring paychecks when I deleted a series

Options
kkdigger
kkdigger Member

I'm using Quicken for Mac, the latest subscription. We have been using Quicken for 23+ years. We have a recurring paycheck with many splits. My husband is leaving his job, so I deleted the series, which in the past would have just deleted future reminders. Instead, it erased all splits from transactions several months so the paychecks have no category, and then changed the category to Personal Income for the full paycheck (deleting all splits) for years back—back as far as 2019. So I either need to recreate years of paychecks (which vary) or restore a copy but lose hours of work from today. And, I still need to delete that series, but now am clearly afraid to do so. This has clearly been a problem for at least a year (I can see variations of this in other questions but none exactly this). Why hasn't it been fixed? If Quicken is going to start changing my historical data, I can't use this product. Help!

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @kkdigger,

Unfortunately, to recover that data, you will need to restore the most recent backup from before the issue started.

For the issue with past paycheck data being deleted when it shouldn't have been, I would recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday. Please note that Support will need you to be able to replicate the issue for them to be able to look into it. Please make sure to create a backup before attempting to replicate the issue.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.