Copying a paycheck

Options

My paychecks aren't completely uniform, but are close and have some overall patterns. If I attempt to copy a transaction and paste to the same account and then modify the copy of the paycheck, it removes the original paycheck. It's acting like a move.

I could create 2 separate reminders, I know.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Boxtor,

I tried to replicate the issue in Quicken for Windows and was not able to. So that I can better assist, would you please provide more details on the exact process you are using when you copy/paste and edit? Also, just to confirm, are you encountering this issue in Quicken for Windows, Quicken Simplifi, or somewhere else?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• boomer_1970
    boomer_1970 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had the same issue but got a tip from another user that seems to work. Copy the transaction, change the date, save it then go back in and adjust the splits.

_________________________________________________Using Quicken Deluxe R50.8 Build 27.1.50.8 USA

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Paychecks usually arrive like clockwork every 2 weeks or so. When do you get paid? Every two weeks? Other frequency?

Even if the amounts tend to vary slightly between paychecks, I would use a Scheduled Reminder and set it up to cover the amount which occurs most often.
    Set the reminder option to "Remind me [xx] days in advance" (e.g., 7 days)
    When you receive the paystub, enter the reminder into your register and make any necessary corrections as you do so.

If you get paid for different lengths of pay periods, where the difference between paychecks involves several categories, perhaps setting up two reminders would be easier: For example, Paycheck 1 monthly on day 15 and Paycheck 2 monthly on the Last Day.

This discussion has been closed.