Duplicate transactions downloading from TD Bank (US) Savings account (QMac)

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Why do I get duplicate transactions downloaded from TD Bank (US)

Comments

• rburt
    rburt Member
    Options

Me too. I didn't notice the exact date it started but it's been more than a month. I get 4 or 5 entries for every actual transaction in my TD Savings account. My checking account through the same connection is fine.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @rburt,

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend you follow the steps from this article on Duplicate Transactions/Accounts:

Check the FITID column to see if the duplicate transactions have a unique value or if it matches the original's value. You can enable the FITID column by clicking the Columns button at the bottom of the register and selecting FITID.

If the FITID values are unique, then Quicken would have no way to know that these are not different transactions. To correct the issue, you would delete the duplicates. If they keep redownloading, then you would need to reach out to the financial institution about the issue.

If the FITID values match the original, you would want to delete the duplicates. If they keep redownloading, then that may indicate a file specific issue, and you would resolve it by restoring a backup from before the issue started.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rburt
    rburt Member
    Options

Hi, the FITID values are unique. However, when I delete the duplicate entries they do not download again. I also tried disabling downloads for that account, then re-enabling downloads. Same results.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

As stated earlier, if the FITID values are unique, that would explain why Quicken doesn't recognize that the transactions are already in the register; the unique FITID makes it look like a new transaction to Quicken. Since they do not redownload once deleted, the solution to the issue would be to delete the duplicates. There is a chance of duplicates (generally from the last 90 days) downloading when an account is reconnected. If that happens, you would want to delete the duplicate transactions. For more information, I'd suggest reading this article.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• twarrenfromnh
    Options

I also have the exact same symptoms.

This discussion has been closed.