Trying to connect to Synchrony Bank Credit Cards

Options

I'm getting the error message: Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for Synchrony Bank Credit Cards. I am trying to connect my new CareCredit card to Quicken. Is there a work around?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @LauraHPowell,

We do currently have an active alert regarding various error messages with different Synchrony instances. This could be contributing to the issue that you are experiencing.

You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@LauraHPowell - have you tried using "CareCredit" as a Financial Institution, instead of "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards"? In my experience, any store credit card issued by Synchrony will not link with "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards". The only time I have seen "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards" used is when the account is using Web Connect (WC).

• Stang66
    Stang66 Member
    Options

whether CareCredit or other synchrony credit cards like Marshalls, TJMAXX. cant connect and download .

• Beta004
    Beta004 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Its been months, we need a resolution ASAP.

• Lyndagf
    Lyndagf Member
    Options

Was able to connect to CareCredit for the first time in over a year. Fixed, hopefully for good.

• Shannon M M
    Shannon M M Member ✭✭
    Options

What worked for me: (Your mileage may vary.)

Do not use "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards" for CareCredit, Lowe's, or JCPenney.

Instead, add one of the accounts as named (I used "CareCredit"). They all use one website now and the same login. So when I did this, the option to add the other two came up with the pull-downs to "Add account" or "Link to existing". I did have to change a few of those options based on my situation.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Shannon M M Thank you. I have been trying to get this message out to anyone using store credit cards issued by Synchrony. It is an odd connection. Hopefully with your explanation, users can get connected. But as you say, results may vary.

• Louis Block
    Louis Block Member ✭✭
    Options

Using CareCredit worked for me also, to connect to Chevron and Lenscrafters through Synchrony, even though I don't have an account under that username. Thanks!

• bullmoon
    bullmoon Member ✭✭
    Options

CareCredit worked like a champ for my Cards at Synchrony! Using my Synchrony login info. Why? Who knows? Glad this works - good find!

• Brian Biggs
    Brian Biggs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can log on to my JCPenney account ( https://jcpenney.syf.com/ ) with no problem. I can make an initial connection in Quicken using JCPenney as the bank. Subsequent connection attempts immediately after the successful initial connection, however, result in a CC-800 error. Choosing the Fix It button does not work - nothing gets "fixed", and I get the same error on subsequent update attempts.

Trying to set up the Quicken connection using Synchrony Bank Credit Cards or CareCredit results in an invalid username/password error.

The JCPenney account was working fine the last several months. This started maybe a week or two ago, out of the blue.

Quicken Deluxe, Version R49.29, Build 27.1.49.29
    Windows 10 Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2965)

This discussion has been closed.