Income Paycheck Reminders Change After Validating Files

Options

Hi,

After validating my quicken file, quicken often corrects a scheduled transaction, and then I notice that the amount listed in the "Income & Transfers" tab for my paycheck shows an erroneous amount. When I edit the paycheck, all the entries are still correct, and all I have to do to get it back to the correct amount is hit done. Anyone else experienced this and know how to resolve it if possible?

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @recursor1,

To troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Is it always the same scheduled transaction getting corrected? Have you tried making a backup of your Quicken file, then deleting and recreating the problem reminder to see if that resolves the issue long term?

If you are validating your file, that usually implies you're encountering some sort of issue that is prompting you to validate. What is causing you to run a validate on your file?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• recursor1
    recursor1 Member
    Options

Oh I've done all that. Usually I validate the file when I noticed visual discrepancies when working with accounts (which seems to happen a lot with Quicken), for example entries showing up duplicated and what not.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Depending on how recently these issues first started, you may be able to restore a backup from before they started, and test to see if that resolves the issues. Since many financial institutions don't automatically download more than 90 days worth of transactions, that may not be a viable solution if these issues have been going on for 3 months or longer.

If restoring a backup doesn't resolve the issue, or isn't a viable option, then I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file, which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.

If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates. Note: You do not need to "shrink" your file unless you believe the older transactions may be causing the issues you're seeing.

It's important to know that all online services will be disconnected in the copied file, and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• rodney23
    rodney23 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also having this issue. For me, I notice that the change happens when I do my next update/sync. All of the data seems to be ok under the hood. If I edit the paycheck, all the data is right. If I look at projected balances, the correct net income is going into the account. However, the value shown on the "Income & Transfers" is wrong. If I edit, the right values are listed and hitting ok corrects the displayed value on "Income & Transfers". If I do another sync… it goes back to the wrong value. This is a recent issue and wasn't happening back in December/early Jan.

I am NOT going to do as @Quicken Kristina suggests… the data file isn't corrupted. Validate and Super Validate return NO issues.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @rodney23,

I suggest that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.